XXV. Forgiveness

We have always been taught to apologize to the people whom we've hurt ourselves. When you know you screwed up and admit to it, you deserved to be forgiven. In reality, it may not be easy.
Let's say you had a friend or relative who broke your trust and it's pretty difficult to forgive this person. It takes time to heal until you could finally realize whether they deserved to be forgiven or not.
In cases where you were the ones who deserved to be forgiven, just know that it isn't too late to move on. Go ahead and leave a sincere message that you're sorry if you feel it's necessary.
Another thing to remember is apologies should be sincere. Is it hard to say "sorry"? Why is there a need to follow it with "Sorry, you're just being sensitive" or "I will apologize if ... "? Why bother making excuses if you're not gonna apologize?
It's also very petty to expect the other to apologize and haughtily say "That's right! I am the good guy so it's nice that you say sorry to me." To anyone who acts like this, you also need to admit you aren't perfect either. This isn't some debate on who gets to be the winner.

What if both of you were in the wrong?

It can't be argued who is right or wrong. One example is when two teams in a sports event got into a fight with one another. Team A thinks Team B was being too cocky, while Team B thinks Team A always cheated in the game to win. They start lying about one another because neither could show good sportsmanship.
A good advice here is for both parties to discuss it in private. Avoid talking over or interrupting someone. No pointing fingers. Everyone has to speak their side.
Forgiving others may be tough, but it makes life a lot easier. It shows how you are willing to humble yourselves and learn from mistakes.