Chapter 5

Jude had his feet propped up onto the table as he tilted the metal folding chair back, balanced perfectly for his weight. His club president was droning on about some shipment along with other plans for the club. It was the same for every church meeting they had. A good thing at that. His mind really wasn't into it.

A grin lifted his lips as he recalled the fiery redhead outside the gas station. A damsel in distress. She said she could have fended for herself, and it might have been true. But, had he let her, he wouldn't have been able to get a closer view of the sexy vixen.

Sexy was an understatement. The woman was gorgeous. Long, coppery-red hair licked at a trim waist. Her legs went on for days, looking like they could fit around his own waist just fine. She was a petite woman with delicate facial features. A pert nose and full lips complimented the swells of her cheekbones. He'd guess the eye color behind her aviators to be violet-blue. That was if memory served him correctly.

Question was, why did she deny ever meeting him? He knew she was the girl from the coffee shop. He never forgot a face. Especially hers, sunglasses or not. Or that tight body.

She was with someone that day. Some dude who had a kink. She was dressed in a toddler-style outfit. Today was a different story. Today, she was straight-up biker. Did that mean she wasn't with the guy anymore? Or did his tastes change, making her dress up as something else?

Despite his curiosity, it didn't really matter. He'd find out sooner or later. It seemed she lived in town or at least near it. Second time seeing her around was pretty obvious to that fact.

"Ain't that right, Jude?"

"Hmm? Wasn't listening," he grinned.

The club president, known to everyone as Bull, rolled his eyes. "I said, shipment is due in on Friday night at the club."

Jude shrugged. "How's this new?"

"You deaf? With Cotton locked up and Dale with his ol' lady, we're short on hands. I need you down there to receive."

"Anything else?"

"Judas just has his panties in a bunch 'cuz of some hot piece of tail we saw this afternoon, boss."

The corner of Bull's mouth lifted. "Really?" he asked surprised. "When we get ta' meet her?"

A few men started to laugh.

"What's funny?" Bull looked around confused.

"She drove off. Didn't give him the time of day. It was great, boss."

Okay. He had enough of the mild ribbing his brothers were sticking to him. There was work to be done, and these buffoons were wasting his time. He righted his chair and planted his feet on the ground.

"Are you girls finished? I'm gonna go collect coins and do some other shit."

The club president waved him off. Good. He didn't want to hear it. For fuck's sake, for a bunch of grown men, one would think they were all still in high school giggling over gossip. He was the most mature out of all of them. All fifteen of them, for their particular chapter. Considering there were about one thousand members with seventy chapters, they were a pretty strong organization.

However, he understood Bull's position being short two men due to stupidity. He would need to pull his weight and help out. Not that he didn't help on the daily, because he did. He just had his own agenda for the day. Like trying to find little miss coffee shop.

It was a nice distraction away from the mundane. Away from everything. Sure partying was cool, working out was great and so was the work he put into the club. They were all good distractions. He just needed a break. And, miss coffee shop was going to prove to be just that.