Chapter 23

It was the second time he was driving to the FBI's office. Only difference was, this time, he knew where he was going. He glanced over at his laptop sitting on the passenger seat of his truck. With the help of a friend, and many hours, he made sure to thoroughly clean it up. None of the club's accounts or activities would be found.

Evelyn told him the FBI was well aware of the God's Sinners extracurriculars, and didn't care. Not at this point, at least. Their main focus was on the cyber crime the God's Sinners were supposedly committing. It had to be a big operation for the FBI to be poking their nose around things.

It would definitely be interesting to see who it was they were stealing from. Jude guessed it was probably large companies rather than civilians. But he could be wrong. At the end of the day, it didn't really matter.

All that mattered was getting Evelyn safely out of Spinner territory. But it wouldn't be enough to get her out of their town. She latched onto one person. Elliot Marsh. After doing some digging around himself, he found out the kid's full name. And he was just a kid at nineteen years old. He also managed to find out that Eve had a good eye. She managed to hook up with the brain behind the scene. At least it had to be him.

Thanks to his new pal and prospect, Thorne, they managed to get their hands on Elliot's high school transcript. Nothing more telling than taking a look inside one's academic portfolio. Yeah, the Web Spinners weren't the only ones who could hack. Thorne's talents were proving more and more useful by the day.

Looking over the paperwork showed the kid graduated valedictorian. Just how someone with a promising future got mixed up with an MC, remained a mystery.

At the very least, however, Jude should have recognized Elliot as smart. When he confronted him at the restaurant, the kid was wise to tell him he didn't want any trouble and left when Jude told him to. An idiot wouldn't have backed down.

This kid knew he was outnumbered for one. That much was obvious. But there was more to it. Starting a war over territory infringement would risk blowing their cover, which would be the worst thing for the Web Spinners--otherwise known as a blood bath. 

In many respects, Lucky had a nice plan. Eliminate the Spinners and gain more area, resulting in more business.

The idea reminded him of Thorne's story. One of their own taking out an entire MC. It was insane to fathom. But, as Thorne relayed the story, his club brother was on a mission to save his family. Nothing stopped him.

In a sense, Jude felt the same urgency for Evelyn. She was in danger and he had to stop it. His laptop would give the FBI an edge. And, if Evelyn managed to gather more information for them, it would probably be a good sized nail in the Web Spinner coffin.

However, realistically, Evelyn's job could take weeks if not months to gain Elliot's trust. Weeks and months could have the potential to lead to other things too.

Jude didn't want to think about the fact she would have to give herself to Elliot to look authentic as possible. Hell, she might've already. Jude's jaw clenched. The idea of that sent him on another mental tangent.

If she already slept with him, he didn't know what he would do--if she told him. He would be the one in jail, he supposed. He would definitely have to kill Elliot.

Even if it came down to that, would he blame Evelyn? How could he? She was trying to redirect the FBI's radar off of him and his club. Bottom line was, without Evelyn, their club would have gone down for the Web Spinners' shit.

The God's Sinners would have been the laughingstock of the MC world. The thought alone boiled Jude's blood. The more and more he went over everything in his head, Lucky's suggestion was becoming more and more attractive.