Chapter 20

After dinner, Evelyn exchanged numbers with Elliot and left him at the restaurant. She was hopeful he hadn't followed her home, knowing better.

A few days passed since then, and they now had plans to meet up at the bar in town. Apparently there were a couple, but the main one was considered The Bar.

Evelyn would be lying if she said she didn't feel nervous. For starters, she didn't know if the rest of his club brothers were going to be there. Since it was a bar, there was a strong possibility. While she already made a good first impression on Elliot, it meant she would have to make just as good of an impression on the rest of the club if they did show up. Not something she was looking forward to.

Another issue was what to wear. She didn't want to send the wrong message. There was no way she was planning on being intimate with Elliot. It was too soon. Hell, it would always be too soon in her book. She hoped to the lord it wouldn't ever come down to that. It reminded her to get her ass to the store to buy some antihistamine.

Sure, she wasn't with Jude anymore but it didn't mean she wasn't going to try to win him back after this mess was over with. The last thing she needed on her conscience was sleeping with another man.

So a pair of black jeans and a black v-neck t-shirt would do. Her leather jacket would be the finishing touch. No need to get fancy. 

Finishing her makeup, she grabbed her keys and checked the weather app. Clear skies. Perfect. Last thing she needed was rain or wind. She shivered just thinking about it.

Well, it was now or never. Time to hit the road and get to work. Tonight held much promise. She would try her best to get closer to Elliot through a lot of flirting and take it from there.

After a few short minutes, Evelyn spotted the place and pulled into the tiny lot. Good thing she was riding a bike, the parking lot was tight. Pulling in along side a row of bikes, she assumed they belonged to the Web Spinners. So much for hoping it was only going to be her and Elliot. Whatever. She could deal. She would have to.

Walking in, it was immediately apparent they did not heed the no smoking inside of buildings law. The place was dense from everyone's smoke. It took everything inside of her not to cough. Her eyes watered as she held in the natural reflex begging to be heard. A light burn started at her eyes, and she rolled them shut a few times before silently telling her brain to calm down. Her brain wasn't having it, and a little cough escaped before she regained her composure.

There were a lot of people standing around, and finding Elliot was proving to be a bit of a challenge. A thought occurred to her. What if he ditched her? What if he wasn't here? That would seriously piss her off. She walked deeper in, finding her way to the back where a table of bikers sat. They appeared to be playing poker.

She scanned all of their faces. None of them were Elliot, all of them were Web Spinners. What the fuck? Where was this guy? Steeling her nerves, she walked up to the table gaining their attention. About seven curious pairs of eyes were on her. Well, seven pairs of eyes minus one eyeball. There was a man with an impressive mustache wearing a black patch and rag on his head, giving serious pirate vibes.

"Hi guys. Is Elliot here?" She kept her arms to her sides to appear as relaxed as possible.

"Hey girly. Haven't seen 'em, but you c'n hang out with me if you want," an older man with a trimmed beard said, pulling over a chair.

"Thanks, but I think I better call him. He's late for our date," Evelyn smiled.

"Well, damn, darlin'. Any guy that leaves you high 'n dry ain't worth your time. Come hang out with us." Another waved her over.