Chapter 10

Scarlet was like no other he'd ever met before. She was feisty with a sharp tongue, brave and passionate. He knew there were many more attributes he couldn't wait to learn. One thing he didn't need to learn, however, was the outward fact she was drop-dead gorgeous. There was no way he was going to let her slip through his fingers.

He opened up the truck door and helped her get out. He didn't miss her slight blush. It made him grin. In one moment she could get embarrassed and in the next...brave as fuck. He loved the way her little chin lifted, her violet-blue eyes holding all the challenge in the world.

Sure, while there was something definitely off with her, he didn't care. Sooner or later he would figure it out. And since time was the remedy, he was going to enjoy every last second in between.

Jude thought about his club brothers who definitely had his back. He missed the fact she drugged him. He never let his guard down with anyone before. At least with anyone who seemed suspicious. It could have gotten him into trouble. But, he understood her reasons. Albeit, a pretty weak alibi.

Still, he knew he needed to steer clear of her but couldn't seem to walk away. There was just something about her. A draw he wasn't willing to ignore. At least until he could claim her fully. Her own body stopped him from doing that when her mind was lost.

It had to have been the weirdest sexual thing he ever encountered. Never in all of his days, since his teenage years, did he come across a chick he couldn't fuck. Actually, wouldn't fuck. If he had, he would have hurt her. There was no way he was going to hurt his sweet cheeks.

He felt bad. She was embarrassed at first. But then, her bravery took over. Things people did or said never really shocked him. But, when she told him to look and confirm his suspicions, she could have pushed him over with a feather. He was shocked, impressed and amused all at the same time.

Scarlet went from zero to one hundred in less than a few seconds with her reasoning. It meant she was able to adapt to situations quickly. She was smart.

Jude followed her up to a building, his eyes on her tight ass. He could fuck that without a problem. His dirty thoughts made him grin. Yup. He'd definitely fuck that tight little hole.

Thinking of tight, he continued to fixate on her virginity. While she was still a virgin at twenty-one didn't really surprise him, it was the fact she maintained what looked like a serious relationship with a man who definitely appeared to have some vices. The guy had her dressed as a little girl when he first met her. The thought made him sick.

Why was she even with someone like that? How did she go from toddler to biker babe? The little voice at the back of his head was smacking him to wake up. To drop her off at her apartment, turn around and walk away. Fast walk away. Running was preferred.

Despite it, he followed her. The apartment building where she lived looked old, constructed of stone with peeling paint. As a matter of fact, this wasn't exactly the greatest part of town. He was so deep in thought about the morning's events, he hadn't paid attention to the area. An area he knew well.

"Oh great," Evelyn exasperated. She gave a half smile at the young man jogging up to them.

"Scar! Where've you been? Who's this guy? Your brother?"

"Who the fuck are you?" Jude sneered, taking in the kid who was clearly a college frat boy.

Jude looked down at Scarlet's hand pressed against his chest before she started frantically searching for her keys within her purse. Was she protecting this little twig? Jude narrowed his eyes on the kid awaiting his answer.

The kid dared to sling his arm around Scarlet's shoulders and pulled her to him with a squeeze. "I'm her boyfriend," he announced.

Jude grabbed Evelyn's wrist and yanked her away from the kid, tucking her safely behind him. "I don't think so, asshole."