Chapter 21

The night arrived and she was ready. This time, instead of jeans, she decided on a simple black bodycon dress with heels to match. She kept her hair loose and her makeup smoked. She looked hot.

Hopefully, it was enough to get him to take the bait so she could reel him in. This guy wasn't stupid. He definitely had his guard up. She was a drifter after all. At least in his eyes she was.

It was a no brainer he wasn't going to just let her waltz on into his club. He was going to be leery at first. It was okay. She could deal with leery. After tonight, she would have him hook, line and sinker. Evelyn snorted. Just why she was thinking of all the fishing idioms, she didn't know.

After she finished getting ready, she anxiously waited. This time, she didn't have to wait long. The buzzer to her intercom went off. She was correct. He knew exactly where she lived. She pressed the button.

"Yes?"

"Hey you. It's Elliot."

"I'll buzz you in. Come on up."

She pressed the open button and went to unlock her door, and waited. Catching his smile as he reached the top of the stairs, she opened the door wide.

He looked around and nodded. "Hey gorgeous. This is nice."

"Yup. I was really happy it came furnished since I don't have much."

"Just up and left, huh?"

"Pretty much." Evelyn leaned against the door jamb. "Should we go or do you wanna see the bedroom?"

Elliot swung around, shock in his eyes. It made her laugh. "It was a joke, Elliot. I'm not that easy. Jeez."

"You need dinner first?" he joked back.

"Many of them. Let's get dinner number one out of the way, shall we?"

Evelyn was happy to see he brought a car. Her dress wasn't exactly motorcycle appropriate. He drove a normal looking sedan. Nothing too new or old. He helped her in like a gentleman then ran around to the other side.

The ride was made in relative silence with the exception of some rock music playing over the radio. This was awkward. This entire job wasn't easy, nor was it going according to her fantastical plan. In her dreams, the entire job would only take a few days. At this rate, it would take years before she gathered what she was looking for. She didn't have years to spare. A few weeks at best was more realistic. At least to her. She knew better.

Evelyn frowned when Elliot merged onto the freeway. Where the heck were they going? She thought he was taking her to a local place.

"Where are we heading?" she asked excited, feeling the very opposite.

"It's a surprise. I wanted to go someplace different and away from town. It can get sort of boring, ya know?"

"I get it. Although, my new little town seems exciting to me."

"Your new town, huh?" Elliot smirked.

"Yeah. Feels good to belong somewhere. I mean, probably not to the level you feel."

Elliot's brow creased. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you're part of a club. I'm a woman, so I'll never have an opportunity like that. Unless I started my own MC," she laughed.

"Yeah, the Web Spinners definitely don't allow women members. Closest thing you could get is becoming someone's ol' lady."

"Why are they even called old ladies?"