Chapter 12

Jude didn't stop by his house. Instead he chose to swing by the clubhouse. The place used to be an elementary school now perfect for business and hosting parties. It was also far enough away from the city, proving to be the perfect location.

He wanted to check on things and make sure his club president, Bull, didn't need anything more than picking up the package at Diamonds. Whatever it was. He had a feeling.

Jude walked through the building easily finding Bull and the vice president, Lee, sitting at their table. The men looked happy to see him pulling up a chair.

"Judas. Have a beer," Bull offered.

"Nah. What's the package I have to pick up?"

"New business venture." The president smiled with a wink.

"Potentially," Lee corrected.

"It'll be a hit."

"What is it?" Jude asked again feeling aggravated.

"Blow."

Jude's aggravation intensified. "Uh, hate to burst your bubble, but cocaine? It's been around forever. I don't get it."

Bull laughed. "We haven't dabbled with dealing before. It can boost revenue."

"So it's a big package."

"Yeah. It was offloaded this morning. I need you to take a truck, pick it up and bring it back here."

"Since when are we dealers? We don't know anything about that shit. We're gun merchants and exporters. Why are you changing shit without a meeting?"

Lee stood up and patted Jude's shoulder. "Don't worry, son. Everyone will agree after a sample. Trust me."

Jude shrugged him off. "I'm not agreeing. And I'm not gonna fuckin' try anything. Where the hell did you buy this crap from anyway? And for how much?"

"Mexico. For a steal."

Jude rubbed his temples. This was total bullshit. Since when was the president making decisions? The guys weren't going to support this.

"Find someone else to pick up your package. I already have plans for the night."

"It's an order, Jude. I want you to do it."

An order. Ha. That was rich. Jude braced his hands down onto the table and leaned forward. "I told you...find someone else. I'm busy." He stared his club president down.

"Hey boss!"

Jude's attention went to the door to see Lane, the sergeant at arms. "You know about this shit, Lane?"

"It's fine, Jude. You can go." Bull glared at him.

"What?"

"Oh, nothin'. Except we're all drug dealers now."

"Huh?"

"Yup. Our good ol' pres and vice made the unanimous decision between themselves. We're all gonna be out on the street dealin' coke. Cuz' nooo other club around is doin' that."

Lane's face fell. "Is that true, Bull?"

"Listen. I'm gonna call a meeting and we're all gonna talk. This'll be good for us. We all know people who know people. It'll be easy and bring in the cash we need. Think of it as a raise."

"The club is doing good enough, Bull. We got peace. There's no reason to add onto our plates. We're running businesses and haulin' everyday. Last thing we need is to step on other people's toes and cause a war," Lane reasoned.