Chapter 11

Pancakes. Plain. No. Chocolate chip pancakes with a side of bacon. Yes.

Evelyn's stomach growled, she was so hungry. This morning was a success. Kind of. She hadn't planned on having a vaginal exam done by a biker. Oh well. At least she knew. She supposed she would need to go to the doctor eventually. Maybe get the problem taken care of. Someday.

For now? For now it was pancake and bacon time! Oh, and orange juice! She needed orange juice. Evelyn bopped around on her seat as she took in all of the dishes she could order. Of course, she would only stick with what she already decided on. But if this place was half as good as what Jude said, she would be back.

"Do you wanna stay over at my place tonight?"

Evelyn looked up. Jude was already finished with his menu, his arms crossed over his chest. Damn he was sexy. Maybe she would get her lady problem fixed sooner rather than later. Take herself up on her own offer to have him try to pop her cherry that apparently had a pit in the center.

"Sure."

He nodded satisfied. A shy waitress soon came over to bring water and take their order. Her eyes were on Jude the entire time. While she wasn't flirting, she certainly was starring. Yup. That's right, girly, he's my boyfriend. Eve's smile faded.

Jude was her boyfriend, but only because of the job the FBI was paying her to do. He wasn't her real boyfriend. She needed to snap out of it and stop acting like this was a personal relationship. Trouble was the only result if she allowed her emotions to rule her brain. Logic was the only way to go about this.

While it was fun to be in fake relationships for work, they all ended. With Liam, his ended tragically. He could have just went to prison and lived there. He didn't need to end his life. Who was she kidding? He would have been killed in prison as soon as anyone found out what he was in there for. Liam did himself a favor.

"What's wrong, Scar?"

Still, it was sort of sad when she thought about it. How did Liam's life get to the point of running a sex-trafficking ring? Where did it go wrong? He was a nice guy who seemed to really put her feelings first. He took care of her. He never acted like a monster with her. But he was a criminal who did horrible things. It was hard to wrap her brain around, whenever she thought about it.

"Scarlet." Jude reached over and touched her hand.

That's right. He was talking to her. Every so often she forget her damn name. How many did she have thus far? Let's see. There was the time she called herself Marie. Then there was Stacey, Lucy, Yvette and Cassie. Scarlet would be her sixth name.

"I'm fine."

"I lost ya there a minute. What's goin' on in that beautiful head of yours?"

"Starvation," she smiled.

This fucker was observant. From here on out, she would need to up her efforts in the careful and authentic department. She couldn't have any more slipups lest he figure her out. And he would. Her brows drew together, her stomach growling loudly.

Jude chuckled. "Feel the same way."

He was talking but she wasn't really listening, too focused on her own random thoughts. Where was she? Ah yes, she managed to make him her boyfriend. But it didn't mean squat if she couldn't keep him on the hook. She had to make herself look genuine. How would she do that? Sex.

It always came down to sex. He was the type of guy who would want it too. No matter how much she wanted to brush her physical issue aside or think up hypotheticals, she would have to deal with her situation in earnest because no man, in his right mind, would want to wait too long. At least not the kind that looked like him.