Chapter 6

This was a disaster. Not only did she slip up once with Liam--late in the game--she now slipped up with Jude. What made it worse was the fact the game just barely started and she was already trying to figure out damage control. If he wasn't suspicious before, he certainly had to be now. Fuck! She was messing up, big time. This was because he made her frazzled.

In essence, Judas Laurent was jeopardizing her livelihood. There was no way she would let her paycheck fly out the window. No way. She had too much invested in this. She needed a new back story.

Evelyn grabbed a pad of paper and pen and dropped down onto the couch to think. Maybe she could say she was always a biker, but Liam was trying to steer her away from that life and into his. Things didn't work out and now she was back to her biker ways. The story was plausible, but it felt kind of flimsy.

What else could she say? Liam was a biker too, but had a real job during the day? She rolled her eyes. Stupid. Hmm. Oh! She was helping out her friend, Liam, who was an actor.  He needed her to help him rehearse. They just happened to stop in for coffee, and she fell in love with the town and moved to it.

It was a great story but wouldn't work because she admitted to Jude she was with Liam at one time. Crap. She would need to go with the first story. She was always a biker, Liam was trying to dissuade her from being a biker, she felt stifled and broke things off. They were passing by this town, she liked it and moved in. It would have to do.

She would keep her injury story a secret. Proclaim to not want to talk about it if it ever came up. There. That problem was now solved as well. Licking her lips, she felt satisfied. She was definitely back on track. Thank the lord.

Except, why did she feel repelled. For as much as she was trying to attract Mr. Laurent, why was she in such a hurry to run away from him? She was doing the opposite of what she was supposed to be doing. Twice in one day too!

At the gas station, she could have thanked him and insisted she take him out for dinner. At the gym, she could have flirted. She was screwing up in more ways than one. In reality, she wasn't back on track. Not at all.

Maybe she should call Biddy. While she never involved her friends on her cases, she couldn't deny she needed her best friend's help on this one. They could go out tomorrow night and hit one of the bars. See what they could see. If she found him, then she would be sure to flirt. This was the plan she wanted to go with from the beginning.

Plans were good. She could maintain control. Thus far, he was sabotaging her control. Enough was enough. Once she gained the upper hand, she would stay dominant over the situation. If Liam taught her anything, it was the difference between dominant and submissive. And Judas Laurent would be her submissive bitch!

Evelyn sent a text to Biddy and clapped when her bestie got back to her quickly, agreeing to a night out. It made her go to her boxes. Did she even have anything for clubbing? Did she even want to wear a tiny dress? Should she stay in her biker gear? This was really confusing!

Rubbing her temples, she texted her friend.

Evelyn: Help! Should I wear slut-wear or biker-wear?

Biddy: Depends on the vibe you want.

Evelyn: I'm supposed to be a biker, but I have to attract him and so far I haven't done that.

Biddy: Pretty sure biker chicks wear slutty shit, just like everyone else. I'm gonna be a slut, if that helps.

Evelyn: True. I'll be sexy too then. Bring some dresses. I don't have any.

Biddy: Mkay.

Biddy made a good point. Biker chicks probably did dress up just like everyone else. They probably didn't wear their riding gear. They made sure to look hot for their men. She needed to do the same.