Chapter 7

"What are you waiting for? Get on."

"I can't. I have a dress on."

"And?"

"It won't cover my ass if I get on."

"And you suddenly care, why? It barely covers your ass standing up."

"Judas. I am not climbing onto the back of your bike with my ass hanging out of my dress. Give me your jacket or I'm not going home with you."

Shit. Didn't she want to establish if he was married or not? It didn't matter in the least if he thought they would sleep together. She just didn't want to go to his place with the possibility of a wife or girlfriend attacking her. Hell, if he was hers and some other bitch tried to take him away, she would kill them.

Jude shrugged out of his jacket and handed it over. That was surprising. But was it? He did save her at the gas station. He wasn't a total jerk. She gratefully took it and slipped it on. The sucker was way too big and way too heavy! How the hell was she supposed to stay on the bike under all that weight?

"Do you live far from here?"

"Nope."

"I really hope your girlfriend isn't home." Evelyn tried to cross her arms under the stiff leather.

Jude smirked. "I already told you I don't have a girlfriend, sweet cheeks."

"Wife?"

"No wife."

"So you lied to me about that fact?"

"I never lied to you. Get on," he thumbed at the back of his bike.

"You're insufferable." Evelyn clumsily swung her leg over the seat and settled herself against Jude's backside and groaned. Her coochie was right up against his body. She really needed to have some sort of sexual release. Maybe she could get her jollies first, then drug him. Yeah. She mentally nodded.

He looked down at her leg and wrapped his hand around her calf. "Watch the pipes."

"No shit, Sherlock."

He shook his head with a chuckle and started the engine. Woah. His bike sounded way louder and meaner than hers. It was like the big bad wolf compared to a little pup. Not only was this man sexier than sex, so was his dang bike. Jesus.

With the clear night sky came the cool air. Being half naked was not helping. Sure she had his leather jacket--which helped the top part of her body--but her legs were freezing. She couldn't get close enough to him. Her arms wrapped tight around his abdomen, her face against his back. Delicious swirls of suede, citrus and forest infiltrated her senses, making her dizzy with a shiver. She knew it wasn't from the cold but rather from being pressed against him so intimately. Damn, he smelled good.

Suddenly, his warm hand smoothed across hers to pull his shirt up and over her hands where he tucked them in with a squeeze. Evelyn's breath caught in her throat. The move was entirely sweet, entirely romantic. But what was more...her hands were touching his bare skin! The ridges and plains of his abdominal muscles were easily detected. Evelyn had to sink her teeth into her bottom lip and squeeze her eyes shut to stop herself from feeling him up.

This was torture. Pure. Torture. This man's naked body had to be something to behold. It was then she swore to herself she would get a peek at some point. Definitely applying for hazard pay.

Jude took a turn into a subdivision surprising her out of her racy thoughts. The homes were all different styled colonials. They were large properties. He was probably riding through the subdivision as a shortcut to get to his place. She figured he lived in an apartment or trailer somewhere nearby.