44

(I'm begging u to play the song ^^ it's up there.)

At first they both just stared at each other in silence, unsure of what exactly they were supposed to do. Though the look on his face already told her she wasn't welcome, she refused to give up.

"I-is Calum here?" she nervously asked, looking into his eyes pleadingly.

"He." he sighed, turning his head to look into the room before looking back at Shannel.

"He doesn't want to see you."

"Please, I need to talk to him." she said, stepping closer to the door as he defensively stood in the way, preventing her from moving any further.

"Please." she whispered, looking up into his eyes.

"You can't come in...he doesn't want to see you."

"But i need to talk to him, i need to tell him i-"

"Michael just close the door." She recognised the familiar voice of Ashton giving orders and watched as a conflicting look grew upon the now blue haired boy's features.

"You should just leave." He shook his head, attempting to close the door.

"Please, Michael." she begged, placing one hand on the door by his chest. "Just...." she sighed, as her eyes began to fill with water once again.

She removed her hand and took a step back, knowing the situation was hopeless. Her eyes fell to the floor as fresh tears began departing from her eyes. She looked up at the boy in front of her, whose eyebrows were now slightly furrowed as sympathy crossed his features.

"Can you just tell him i'm sorry?" her voice began to break.

She swallowed, looking up at the ceiling to try and contain her tears before looking back at him.

"Can you tell him..." she sniffed. "Tell him i never meant for this to happen. I-i didn't mean to upset him, i was just scared he was going to leave me......i never meant to push him away." she shook her head.

"And tell him that i'm sorry he ever met me, because i didn't mean to make him upset...or....or ruin his friendships with you guys or...or make him waste his money i-i didn't know what i was doing." she shrugged as more tears fell from her glossy eyes.

"I was just so, so happy that i found someone who actually cared, but i didn't know how i was supposed to make him stay....i panicked. He deserves someone so much better, someone who...who knows how to make a relationship work, who knows how to make him happy...who can do all those things that i can't do for him." She was pouring her heart out in front of him, hoping that behind the door Calum could hear her and somehow he would just change his mind and see reason.

But nothing happened...

"Just.... please." she sighed." Just tell him i'm sorry....and i love him." she finished, looking down at the roses in her hand before raising them up to hand over to him.

"Here." she mumbled, handing him the bouquet of roses. "He gave them to me..but i don't think he would want me to have them anymore. They're kind of ruined now anyway." she said, releasing an uneasy laugh. "I mean what doesn't get ruined around me?" she shook her head, staring at the dying roses now in Michael's hold.

With that she slowly turned and walked away, but stopped when she remembered something else she needed to give him, just as the hotel room door was about to close.

"Wait...i have this." she sniffed, pulling out the wet notes from the pockets of her jeans. "It's nothing compared to how much he spent on me but....i can get him the rest if he wants it...just tell me and-and i'll find a way to pay him back." she handed him the soggy notes and he accepted them, staring at her with such a look on his face that she actually thought he felt sorry for her.

It was a small silence that overcame them before he broke it.

"I'll tell him." he mumbled.

"Thank you." she smiled up at him weakly, before taking a deep breath in. The situation then grew slightly uncomfortable and he took it as his cue to close the door and end the conversation.

"Bye." she whispered and watched him close the door.

*

*

*

Michael turned around to address the others in the room as Calum walked in from where he had been listening in the bedroom opposite with his eyes slightly dampened and red.

He sighed heavily as the eyes of his friends fell upon him. He noticed the items in Michael's hand what Shannel had given him to pass over and already guilt had started to fall upon him.

"I think you already know what i'm going to say." Michael said, sighing as he stared at the boy across from him.

"You need to go and talk to her."

"And what is he supposed to say-" Ashton intervened.

"Something! Because that didn't look like the same girl you told me about earlier, you didn't see the state of her." he argued.

"We all know how you felt about her man. I mean God forbid if something happens to her, we all know you'd probably never be able to forgive yourself and neither would we, after what we've all said about her." He said, meeting the gaze of Luke and Ashton who broke their eye contact with Michael almost immediately, proving that they both felt somewhat guilty about the things they said.

"What's talking to her supposed to do though?" Luke asked, shaking his head at Michael. "It's not going to change anything."

"Maybe not to him, but her i think it will." He answered.

"I mean come on Calum you said it yourself...she has nobody else." he sighed, walking across the room towards his best friend.

"I'm not telling you what to do man, but you know her better than the both of us. It's up to you what you decide to do." he finished and with that he gently shoved the bouquet of roses at Calum's stomach, which he caught and placed the money on the table behind him before walking away into his room...

With nothing more to say.

*

*

*
OMFG IF U READ THIS AT MY PACE THEN THE BEAT KICKS IN RIGHT ON THAT LAST SENTENCE FUCK I'M SO AWESOME.
BLESS YOUR HEART MICHAEL CLIFFORD. ILY AND UR NEW HAIR
THAT GIF + THE MUSIC = ME LE SOBBING
-S