12

Stirring uncomfortably, her body was forced to adjust to both the pain in her body and the sunlight shining through the cracks in the curtains that were made from old bedsheets.

The intoxicating smell of alcohol and weed lingered through the air, almost making the clustered environment she was in look cloudy. She attempted to roll on her side, which failed due to the relatively muscular arm locked just above her bare breasts covered by a thin and dirty black bed sheet.

Her interaction with Calum and his friends yesterday had seemed to throw her into a darker state of oblivion, she felt the worst she had ever felt in her failed attempt at a life, so she wondered the lonely streets in the evening until she came across the stranger beside her, whose name had escaped her.

He groaned loudly beside her, his body and soul awakening as he retracted his arm to rub the sleep from his eyes, turning his face to Shannel and smirking widely at her. He wasn't as bad looking as she imagined him to be.

His eyes were dark green, his hair somewhat similar to Calum's making her feel better and worse at the same time. As he stretched and moved to get out of the bed she noticed several tattoos, scattered all over his body, skulls, foreign languages, dates, numbers and a few disturbing images.

He sat up, his bare legs hanging off the edge of the bed as he pulled the bed sheet over his exposed crotch before opening the drawer beside him, pulling out something she could not see and fiddling with it before inhaling deeply and tilting his head back.

She stayed quiet, the sleep aching her eyes as she struggled to pull herself up but eventually managed to do so, pulling the covers over her exposed body.

"Morning beautiful." He turned his head around smirking at her once more as she faked a smile, somewhat fearful of the stranger beside her.

He turned his body around to face her and in his hands was a small transparent sachet containing a white substance which she thought looked like sugar but knew was most probably something else.

"Want some?" He asked, his voice husky and strained from his intake of the drug in his hands.

"What is it?" She innocently asked, looking down at it before returning her gaze to meet his, which fell almost instantly to the inkings on his body.

"Magic." His eyes widened as he smiled, his sudden state making him look like a patient from an Asylum, causing her fear of him to grow even more. He looked young, though she knew he was older than her. Her estimate was twenty four, though it may have been more...or less...she was too scared to ask.

"Try some." He said, gesturing towards the substance in his palm, she shook her head slowly, fearful of the effect it may have on her.

"No thank you. I....i'd rather just leave." She mumbled and he simply shook his head.

"Your loss." He shrugged before standing up, stumbling in the process and heading to the bathroom to the left of him.

As soon as she heard the door slam shut, she shuffled out of the bed, careful not to rush due to the stinging pain that would occur. She scurried around for her clothes, finding her underwear before her bra, putting them on and locating the dress which had a rather large rip down the right side as well as a few drink stains, but nevertheless she put it back on, zipping it up only midway before it jammed and refused to go any further.

She realised the cash she had from the night before was scattered on the floor but was more like a couple of notes as opposed to the full amount. She quickly grabbed as much of it as she could and tucked it into the waistband of her underwear, lifting her dress up to do so, before pulling it back down again.