0.5

Shannel
~~~~~~

When the next morning had arrived Shannel was feeling more depressed than usual. She hated being alone but also hated her 'job', she was torn.

Sighing loudly and forcing herself out of bed and into the hotel's bathroom she took a quick shower before putting on the same outfit as last night. She combed her fingers through her tangled hair and brought it loosely over her shoulders to cover up her chest as much as possible.

She only worked in the evenings and hated grabbing any attention during the day, even though it seemed to make no sense to anyone at all, not even herself.

Grabbing the rest of her money and tucking it away in her bra she fixed herself up in the mirror and headed out of the hotel room, with no intention of going back.

Walking to the end of the hallway she pushed the round silver button that called for the elevator. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, looking at herself in the reflection of the metal doors before they opened, revealing an empty confinement.

She stepped inside and pressed the button that would take her down to the lobby. It was two floors down so he hoped nobody else would call for the elevator to stop on their floor on the way down. Thankfully for her nobody did. When she reached the lobby she kept her gaze focused on the doors ahead already noticing the looks others gave her, and headed straight out the automatic sliding doors.

~~~

She made it to Starbucks which wasn't too far from the hotel. Her gaze was kept low as she entered the shop, past a random bunch of excited looking girls, some looking older and others looking younger than her almost all of them holding something in their hands with the name '5sos' written on it, eagerly typing away on their phones.

She ordered a coffee, then once it arrived, looked around for a seat located towards the back so she wouldn't have to deal with the stares from anyone inside the shop as well as the bunch of girls peering at her through the window, many pointing and laughing.

She sat down on the leather seat and pulled out the rest of the money she had left over, which was a little under two hundred. Though it might have seemed like a lot she needed to make it last through today and tomorrow incase she never managed to get with somebody by the end of the night.

Sipping through her coffee she never noticed him enter the store, until he had gotten close enough and actually perched on the seat across from her that she had acknowledged him, but simply rolled her eyes and put her head down.

"Hi." He mumbled, his fingers clasped around a small red cup of coffee with the name 'Callum' scribbled in black marker written across it.

She ignored him and took a sip of her drink, choosing to completely ignore him. He sighed heavily and got up out of the seat, leaving behind his coffee. She watched as he walked over to three boys that were stood by the sugar counter, stirring their drinks and occasionally waving to the group of girls outside.

Calum had said something to them before heading over and lining up again in the small que of about four people, waiting to purchase something to quench their thirst. When he was done he headed back to his friends and spoke to them a little more before gesturing to Shannel who instantly snapped her head down after being caught staring.

She slowly brought her eyes back up and noticed the four boys smiling to one another before the other three grabbed their drinks and walked out of the shop, where loud screams began pouring in as they opened the door to exit, leaving Calum behind.

He returned back to her table a couple of seconds later, in his hands rested a chocolate muffin topped with dark chocolate chips. He placed it down and slid it across the table over to her side, watching as her eyes looked from the food in front of her to him.

"I didn't know if you preferred blueberry or chocolate, but i like chocolate so.." He explained, nervously giggling.

Her face remained neutral, somewhat making Calum more nervous than usual.

"Look i....uh.....i'm sorry..about last night. I shouldn't have said what i said." He apologised, his puppy dog eyes staring deeply into hers.

"So." He huffed, pushing the muffin even closer to her. "Consider this an apology muffin." He smiled, biting the inside of his lip waiting for her to react.

"An apology muffin?" She finally spoke, furrowing her eyebrows.

His eyes lit up when the words left her lips as if some hopeful spark had ignited inside him. "Yeah." He smiled wider this time and could notice the faintest of smiles forming on the corner of her lips.

"Why?"

"Because i shouldn't have said what i said and i'm sorry for upsetting you and......calling you all those things." He explained, looking down at his coffee cup shamefully.

"It's not like i haven't heard it before." She shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee. "But thank you, i guess." She smiled weakly, placing the cup back down on the table and picking up the chocolate muffin, examining it as if it was about to blow up in her face, making Calum laugh at her antics.

"It's not poisonous i swear." He said, the slight lisp he had coming through in his voice. She tore her gaze from the muffin and looked up at him before taking the smallest nibble out of it and chewing on it, placing it back down on the table.

Calum tapped his fingers along the side of his cup wanting only to ask her one question but wondering how she would take it.

"Can i ask you a question?" He perked up, as her gaze went back up to meet his. She didn't nod nor shake her head, so he took it as a sign for him to continue.

"Why do you do it?"

~~~~~

NOT TOO SURE HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS CHAPTER

COMMMEENNT

-S