11

At the sound of a door opening, they broke apart revealing Calum's three other band mates who stared at Shannel, Michael and Luke with curiosity written on their faces .....but Ashton with a mixture of confusion and anger on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Urm....hey......Calum." Michael awkwardly greeted, watching as Shannel wiped the tears from her eyes and removed herself from Calum's grip hanging her head low.

"Hey...guys." He replied, just as awkward. He rubbed his palms together, watching as his friends walked further inside the room, keeping their distance from the mysterious girl sat by Calum, who glanced at them all slyly from the corner of her eyes.

"Uh...this is Shannel." Calum announced to his friends, gesturing to the girl beside him as she looked up at Calum, then across to his friends, weakly smiling at the three of them.

"Hi." Michael beamed, seeming the friendliest out of the three.

"Hello." Luke awkwardly waved, heading towards the kitchen to his left. Ashton simply nodded to her, not bothering to greet her. He knew who she was, he remembered her from last night.

"Uh...Cal can we talk?" Ashton asked, nodding his head to the direction of their bedroom, the first door on the right.

"In private." He added, sending a quick glance in Shannel's direction, causing her to drop her gaze to the floor.

"Uh...sure." Calum nodded standing up off the couch and telling Shannel to wait for him whilst he and his friends headed into the bedroom, Luke shutting the door behind them.

"What's up?" The chocolate haired boy asked as Michael and Luke shrugged, turning to look at Ashton for an answer.

"What's up? What's up? Dude isn't that the prostitute you told me about last night, she's the one you chased after, the one you said wanted your money." He whisper yelled, as the eyes of the other two boys darted to Calum's, looking at him surprised.

"It's not what it looks like-"

"Not what is looks like? Dude she's a prostitute, are you seriously going to sleep with her?"

"Sleep with her no i-"

"I mean for all we know she could have an std or something man, you don't mess with chicks like her she's corrupt, all she wants is your money she doesn't care about you!"

"Dude it's not like that i swear." Calum said, trying to defend the girl who he knew was different.

"She's a slut Calum, she's poison, all girls like that are, all she's going to so is bleed you dry, don't fall for her she's ju-"

He stopped himself when the bedroom door slowly opened and Shannel stood there with more tears sliding down her face as she looked at all four boys who looked back wide eyed, not expecting her to have listened to their conversation.

"Actually i don't want his money. I didn't ask him for anything." She croaked, as more silent tears fell from her face, angering Calum at how his friend had made her feel.

"I'm sorry you feel that way about me, but i never asked him to bring me here." Her last few words came out as a broken squeak, her throat tightening at her attempt to keep her tears in.

"I'm sorry i bothered you." She mumbled, focusing her gaze on Calum who looked at her sympathetically.

Her vision was blurred as she took one last look at him before turning on her heel and exiting his apartment as fast as she could, with no intention of ever going back.

She heard his voice calling out to her, as well as the calls of his friends telling him to let her leave, something he was unwilling to do. He grabbed ahold of her arm, turning her to face him as her sobs began to grow louder and almost created an echo through the hallway. She was hurt, embarrassed and stupid to have believed someone would actually see her in a different light.

"Shannel wait, Ashton he didn't mean what he sa-"

"Of course he meant what he said. Everybody means what they say, that's why they say it." She cried, looking up at the roof to try and contain her tears which wound up being pointless.

"Look, just plea-"

"I should never have come here, i should never have agreed to let you bring me back here."

"Shannel i-"

"I'm a prostitute Calum." She yelled, pulling her arm free from his and wiping her eyes as she could see Ashton approaching.

"I'm a prostitute and that's all i'll ever be. It was wrong of me to believe that somebody like you would be able to see something better in me." She said, hiccuping and sniffling.

He just looked at her, wanting nothing more than to tell her how he really was beginning to feel towards her, but never had the chance when Ashton tugged on his arm, telling him to let her leave.

"Good luck with your band, you deserve it." Were her last words before she spun on her heel and continued running, with Calum calling after her, yelling at Ashton to let go and giving him one final shove, enough to have him released before he chased after her, watching as she rushed into an elevator that was just about to close, he shouted for her to hold it, which she didn't, pleading for the stranger inside it to push the button and take them down.

Mumbling a profanity under his breath as the doors closed he ran to the stairwell at the other end of the hall and raced down it as fast as he could, running out into the lobby and standing by the elevator she had walked into....

Only when it opened..

She was nowhere to be found.

~~~~~~

STILL MY FRIGGIN FAVE BOOK I LOVE IT SO DAMN MUCH

NOT GNA LIE I GOT EMOTIONAL TO THIS CHAPTER, I LOVE THIS BOOK TO BITS OKAYYYYYYY

POOR SHANNEL :,( ASHTON IS THE BAD GUY FOR ONCE, BECAUSE HE ALWAYS SEEMS TO THE BE THE ANGEL SO YH, I CHANGED THAT :D

LOVE YOU MY AMAZING READERS, VOTERS AND COMMENTERS THIS ALL MEANS SO MUCH TO ME AND I'M GLAD SOME OF YOU LIKE IT AS MUCH AS I DO.

#Callel <3

-S