37

So they went about the day, exploring the high class area where they were both currently staying, hoping to find a job vacancy fit for Shannel.

Calum refused to search anywhere else outside of the area they were in as he believed that everything here was more 'high class' and updated....though the main reason was because he did not want her to end up with her old job again.

The fans did not know about the hotel where Shannel stayed, nor did they know about the time they've both spent together.

Of course the word had gotten around since the day when Calum had ditched fans to chase after her when they first met but the majority dismissed her as a 'friend' or 'groupie' and refused to believe anything else unless Calum were to admit it himself, which of course he never would.
*

*
Most of the places they looked in were either completely overstaffed or simply did not have enough visitors in their stores, meaning they did not need anymore people. They both agreed on her working in something like a breakfast café or coffee store, simply because of all the one's he's been to, Calum was sure that no bad company would come in Shannel's way.

They passed several stores and asked around a lot.

Calum decided not to choose one in which the staff knew who he was, which he came across a few times as he feared it would only provide unwanted attention.

*

*

In the end, the day was spent searching and the results seemed to be conclusive that she may not get hired at all, for only a few people said they would consider her.

So they sat in the lobby of the hotel Shannel stayed in, with Calum's phone in the centre of the table ready to accept any phone calls from the people they had met today hoping that somebody would at least give her a chance.

Her eyes looked hopelessly into his as he stared down at his screen, impatiently tapping his foot against the floor, both of them with freshly brewed coffee cups in their hands.

"Nobody wants to hire me." she shrugged, flashing an embarrassed smile as his eyes darted up to meet hers.

"You don't know that?"

"Oh yeah." she rose her eyebrows, pointing to his phone on the table which lay there practically dead with not one message or call notification.

He couldn't really figure out anything else to say.

"This whole thing was pointless...it was a waste of time."

"Someone will call."

"When? i mean what are we supposed to do, sit here all day and hope? i'd rather not. I don't really believe in it anyway." she rolled her eyes.

"Hope is real....just wait...a little longer at least...someone will call, trust me."

"And if they don't."

"They will...someone will, just trust me."

*

*

But as it happened, there were no phone calls, nor were there any messages or emails or whatever else you could think of. They sat there for hours waiting for something only to receive nothing at all.

Of course it shattered her self-esteem, breaking her shell that Calum had tried to hard to fix back together. They exchanged looks when they knew it was all over. She said nothing to him, just rose an eyebrow, shook her head and walked away, taking the elevator back up to her floor leaving him to contemplate what to do next.

He knew that he was leaving but of course she did not. His safety net of hope which was to get her a secure job in a small and quiet place, enough for her to start again had fallen through...now he did not know what he was supposed to do.

In his mind the time was nearing...the days were passing at a faster rate and almost four days later he found himself stuck in the same situation, with his jobless broken girlfriend with no hope left in sight.

*

*
One morning he awoke early and called his bandmates for help, asking them to accept her and help find her a stable job, just something that would allow her to start over and wipe the slate clean. Within the conversation he spoke about how he was leaving and how nobody wanted to hire Shannel regardless of what he decided to offer or bribe them with on her behalf.

He discussed how he felt that Shannel seemed disinterested in finding a job in the first place explaining to them that he believed she did not try hard enough when meeting employers and attending their few interviews.

He also told them about how stressful things had become for him since meeting her and how he now felt that he was stuck in a tricky situation that he could not get himself out of.

And all this time.....

She had been listing in to the conversation.

*

*

*
~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO
THIS MAY SEEM CONFUSING BUT STICK WITH ME OKAY
THIS IS A TURNING POINT IN THE STORY BECAUSE ITS NEARING THE END.
PREPARE YOURSELVES

-S