38

Shannel
~~~~~~

The next day, things were different.

She sat awake for hours as he slept, wondering what he was even doing there with her. If she brought him stress then why did he stay, if she irritated him, then why was he still there. In her mind none of it could add up. to

Her mind had began to issue flashbacks, re-runs of the days they had spent together, making her doubt if he ever did have true feelings for her.

The time was growing nearer...he was leaving soon, she knew that, but of course he still had no idea of that fact.

She did not want to be alone again, spending endless days and nights wandering, scrounging for food like some sort of disgusting rat. The fact that he had told he about him leaving made her wonder so much more...if he was just going to leave without saying goodbye, if everything was just a joke to him...that all of this, all of what they had or at least what she had come to believe they had was all just a way for him to make the most out of his fame and money....if it was all just simple, unattached, pure pleasurable prostitution.

So when he woke, she played her cards in the hope that the game she had decided to play would somehow be in her favour.

*

*

*

Calum
~~~~~
It was around nine twenty when he awoke and began wiping the sleep from his eyes, rolling over onto his side where he believed his phone was, only to realise it was not there.

"Yeah...no, no i mean that's great thank you. Thank you so much." He sat up in the bed, his eyes immediately searching for hers as she stood by the hotel phone near the door, with his mobile in the palm of her hand and her back towards him.

"That's amazing. I promise you sir i wont let you down, i'll be the best waitress i can be. Okay...yeah...tomorrows good, first thing i'll be there. Yes, okay, thanks again. Bye." She hung up the phone and turned around to face him, as he rose his eyebrows curiously.

"Good news?" he asked, a small smile on his face.

"I got the job!" she practically yelled, grinning in a way that he had never seem.

"What? no way,where?" She climbed onto the bed as he sat up further, both of them smiling at one another before she wrapped her arms around him in a quick hug before pulling away.

"Okay so remember the restaurant that was just above that small coffee store?"

"Uh..."

"It was the one with the silver gates and i kept telling you how cute it was. Weren't you listening?"

"Oh...yeah...yeah, is it there?" He couldn't exactly remember which one she was talking about, but even so, in order to spare her feeling he played along with it.

"Yes. I start first thing tomorrow. Isn't that amazing."

"That's incredible. I'm real proud of you." he pulled her close and pressed his lips against hers, gently pulling her onto his duvet covered lap.

"Thank you. I mean now, see i'll be able to make my own money and find a proper place to live and i won't have to keep living off you or stressing you out or-" she rambled on, rubbing her arms along his chest as he furrowed his eyebrows at her words.

"Don't be ridiculous, you don't do that anyway?" he shook her head at her, looking up into her eyes as she looked down into his.

"I don't?" she innocently asked, sliding her arms around his neck as his creeped around her waist.

"No." he kissed her quickly "Of course you don't" They shared a silent moment in which they both smiled.

Of course she knew what she was doing...but he had no idea.

"We should celebrate?" he smirked.

"How?"

"We'll go out tonight, i'll bring the boys and we can tell them the good news. I know they'll be proud of you." he smiled, gently pressing his lips against the skin of her neck.

"I thought they didn't like me." she asked, moving her neck away as he looked up at her, shaking his head.

"People change." he shrugged, his eyes sinking into hers.

"Mmm........yeah....maybe they do." she smiled, but of course it was nothing but sinister.

*

*

*

Something was obviously said to the boys before they had met up with Shannel and Calum, she could tell by their behaviour and the fact that they all seemed to care enough to talk to her.

They were seated in an expensive restaurant, settled around a circular table with a clear crystal chandelier hovering over their heads. Calum sat to the left of her and Luke to the right, leaving her with a direct view of Ashton.

Constant small talk was made throughout the group but though she didn't care much about what was said, she faked it all which she believed they were all doing anyway.

"So Calum, you staying over tonight or what? i mean were behind on song writing and need your help. That plus the fact we have a lot of stuff to sort out before....you know...uh-" Michael asked, stuttering as he tried to cover up the fact they needed to pack their stuff before leaving.

Calum looked over at Shannel briefly before his eyes scanned the other three boys, thinking of something to say.

"Uh."

"You should." she answered for him. "I mean....i feel kinda bad...you know. You've been spending most of your time with me which i am grateful for, of course but i mean...they're your friends and...your band is more important so-" she explained, hoping to persuade Calum as much as possible in order to do what she felt she had no choice but to.

The fact that Ashton smiled over at her meant nothing....because frankly they were past the stage of ever trying to become friends, frankly she was done with the whole lot of them.

"You sure?" he asked her and she nodded, placing a soft kiss on his cheek, holding back tears of her own.

"I shouldn't have really kept you with me this long anyway.....you're not mine." she said and he gave her a questioning look, unsure of what she meant by that.

"Uh-"

"Awesome. I'll drop you off on the way back and you can pick up some of your stuff." Ashton cut in, earning a brief smile from Calum who was still confused by the whole scenario.

*

*

*
On arriving back to the hotel, Ashton stayed in the Car whilst the 'couple' made it back up to the room where Calum then collected a few belongings before ensuring that Shannel would be okay on her own.

"I'll be fine Calum, honestly...just go." she faked a laugh, pressing her lips quickly against his as they walked towards the room door.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine." she smiled.

"Alright....well...goodnight then." he said, stepping outside of the door.

"Goodnight.......I love you." she spoke, hiding her true emotions behind the smile that was eroding on her skin.

He smiled. "Bye."

and walked away.

*

*

*
~~~~~~~

THIS IS ENDING AND I KNOW IT SOUNDS CONFUSING BUT ITS NOT OKAY. :,( BUT WHO DO YOU FEEL SORRY FOR??

ANY GUESSES AS TO WHAT MAY HAPPEN?

-S