23

Calum

~~~~~

You could say it was a bit of an uncomfortable experience for them both, mainly Calum since he grew shy because he had never been with a girl like Shannel before, not someone who had the particular field of work that she had.

Shannel had already decided she wanted him to take the bed and she would take the floor seing as the bathtub was still wet from the shower she had taken, but he simply insisted she would stop fussing and just take the bed.

*

In the end, their choices were to either both sleep on the floor or sleep in the bed, but seeing as there were not enough sheets for them to take the floor, they were left with only one option.

So he set up the bed, while she watched. He gathered the one large white towel left in the bathroom and rolled it up, placing it directly in the middle of the bed in order to give them both their own sleeping space.

Though you may think that was rude of him, he felt he was doing it for her own benefit. She would not need to be afraid of him touching her, because he would stay on his side and at the same time, he would not need to feel worried because she would be on her side.

He explained that too her of course, but only the part about not worrying her.

She nodded and thanked him, finding it sweet that he would even bother to do that for her.

They then sat on the bed together and shared a brief awkward silence.

Calum looked through his phone and noticed more messages from Ashton asking where he was and others from Luke and Michael about how mad Ashton was and if he was attending the interview they had in the morning. He replied a quick 'yes' to Luke before locking his phone again and placing it on the one bedside table in the room.

There was not much in the hotel room they were in. Just a simple bathroom with a sink, toilet and towel rack. The main room just had the bed, a side table and another long table by the door on entry which had the hotel phone placed on it as well as the number for room service.

That hotel room may not have seemed like much, but it was enough for Shannel.

He walked over to the bag of food he bought her and scanned the contents, pulling out two bottles of water from the pack of six and taking out two of the three ready made sandwiches he purchased before walking back over to sit on the bed and handing one of each to her.

"You must be hungry." He said and she nodded just a little, accepting the food from his hands with a 'thank you.'

They sat in silence again, the only sounds being the munching of their food and the crunching of their plastic water bottles they were drinking from. The silence was not uncomfortable to either of them, if anything it was actually pretty calming.

*

When the time had neared for them to both get some rest, she went use the bathroom before him and brushed her teeth with the same brush she used earlier, needing to pick it up off the floor and wipe it clean before hand.

When she was done she waited for him, though she did not really know why. She was standing directly outside the bathroom door, as if guarding him to make sure he would stay.

Both of them were startled by each other's presence when he opened the bathroom door, his now bare chest almost colliding with her back as she spun to face him.

He said a quick sorry and she mumbled one in reply, but her gaze immediately fell to his shirtless body, specifically the tattoos that lined his skin.

Subconsciously her mind began to wander.

She raised her left hand and ran the tips of her fingers along one of his many tattoos, 'MMXII'

"What does that mean?" She asked, looking up at him briefly before taking her gaze back to the ink on his skin.

"Uh...it's numbers...two thousand and twelve. It's the year that meant the most to me and the band, it was the year that everything happened for us, when we finally took off."

She nodded slowly, continuing to trail her fingers along his chest and collarbones, briefly stopping at the tattoo of a feather before moving onto the one on his upper arm, which to her looked like a native american.

Her fingers grasped his bicep, very gently squeezing it and looking up at him to see his eyes staring straight into hers.

She then moved onto to another one on the inside of his arm.

"Skywards." She whispered to herself, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

He smiled down at her, breathing at a calm pace as her warm fingers explored his arm. He found her cute, the way she was so entranced with the inkings on his body, she seemed to show more interest in his tattoos than anybody else ever had, including himself.

She began sounding out the letters to the other written tattoo on his arm, it was accompanied by a bird of some sort, but seeing as she did not know what kind of bird it was, she did not question it.

"M...mal...mali." She whispered.

"What's a mali? Is that the birds name?" She asked, pronouncing the name as 'Mailee' which brought a smile to his face.

"No." He chuckled, shaking his head at her. "That's my sisters name. Mali." He told her.

"I didn't know you had a sister."

"Yeah, she lives back home in Australia with my parents."

"Oh." she whispered, feeling her cheeks heat up a little.

"Do you like tattoos?" He asked her, wondering if she possibly had any of her own.

She shook her head 'no' but then replied

*

*

*

"But i like yours."

*

*

*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANOTHER UPDATE AS PROMISED. I FRIGGIN LOVE THE TATTOO MOMENT TEY HAVE LIKE WOW I WANNA BE HER SO FUKIN BAD RN

I SHIP THEM SO BAD IT HURTS MY ABDOMEN, WHEREVER THE FUCK THAT IS XD

ANYWHO TANK Y'ALL FOR CHECKING OUT 'SHE' MORE OF THAT WILL BE ON THE WAY SOON XD

-S