Chapter 5

I didn't slept well that night, highly hard to fall asleep, knowing how I screwed everything up.

The small box once buried in the ground away from everyone, slowly approaching the surface, was now even deeper, making me have to start all over again, and start caving deeper but slower.

I didn't realized how much hours have I slept, Charlotte didn't even talked with me when saw my upset face last night, she knows that I prefer not talk with anyone rather than explaining them everything, having to remember the succeed all over again, so, she just layed down on her bed, wishing me goodnight.

And little does she knows what is all this little upsetting about, she would murder me if she knew, I think she hates Draco even more than Matthew does.

I woke almost at noon the next day, with a headache, with just a few hours of sleep, I could've have slept for more hours, because today I wouldn't have any classes but, at the same time I thought it was for the best to get some air.

I stood up from my bed, Charlotte was still asleep, and I had no intentions to wake her up.

I decided to got to the Great Hall, maybe Matthew would be there by now, waiting for me, or Draco with his friends...

As soon as I stepped in the Great Hall, I saw the curly dark brown Matthew's hair back, in our usual seat.

Slowly, I walked towards there, sitting down in front of him, and searching in the whole slytherin table for Draco's blonde hair while doing so...

He wasn't here.

"Hey, what's up?" I said softly, smiling with my lips pretending anything happened, not in the mood to explain everything to Matthew right now and hear him saying a thousand times how right he was...

He didn't replied back to me, but just send me a quick glance, and looking down at the food in his plate.

He looked upset about something I could tell, wether was it about me or not is not clear.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrowns, slowly picking up my fork to my hand.

"What's wrong?" He repeated my question in a sarcastic, but rude, tone, like if it was something stupid to ask, and I simply nodded my head, confused by what was happening.

"I saw you last night with Malfoy...in the hallways." He said firmly, his eyebrowns knitted together, and my gaze left his, trying to look for something else to focus on.

"And..." I said vaguely, in a cold tone.

"And?!" He repeated my words angrily. "Lara, for Merlin's sake, I warned you about him-" I cut him off, indignated by his attitude.

"Well, at least his not spying on me!" He shouted abruptly, finally looking at him.

"I was spying you, because I know you Lara, I know you, I only spied you yesterday and it was more than clear to me that you don't know what you're doing." He said firmly, locking his gaze with mine, making me almost be able to see the ranger accumulated in his blue, ocean eyes.

"Yes I do...I really thought we were getting somewhere, and we were, but then...I crossed the line and screwed things up." I said calming my tone down, and driving my gaze off him, avoiding eye contact.

"Getting somewhere?!" He said angrily. "Lara, I saw the way he spoke to you, I saw the anger accumulated in his body, I told you, Malfoy doesn't have a heart, he's made of ice, he's a literal print of his arrogant father-" I cut him off, tossing my fork on the table.

"You're just like everyone else! Judging people by the labels society has sticked on them!" I shouted firmly, locking my gaze with his, feeling the blood in my veins in a rush and boiling. "He opened a bit at me last night and I screwed up because I lost control...and if you had the slightest trust on me, you wouldn't say that!"