Chapter 37

The day was probably the worst part, having a lot of people, most of them teachers, giving me their apologies for my lost - remembering me over and over again of that fact - and telling me that I can go outside whenever I like.

Matthew promised me we would talk after classes, he said he had a lot to apologize for, and a lot to talk about.

I thought twice about forgiving him, but be showed me his deepest regret last night, and I know how to tell if he is truly sorry.

I couldn't be more glad that classes were over, I did knew the first day would be like this, the wounds are too recent, if they would even heal at all.

I made my way to dinner as I found Draco already sat there, with his plate on top of the table, but he wasn't eating, he was waiting for me, while his food got colder and colder.

I sat in front of him as usual, and he gave me a thin smile, but I didn't smiled back, and I don't know if I ever will, I felt no reason to smile at anymore.

I just ate the food of my plate, thinking this would be a dinner like usual, until I saw Matthew, entering the Hall, and, of course, looking at me while walking, which I understood he was walking towards me, and by that, I mean no good was about to happen.

"Lara..." Matthew said softly, as he eyed Draco carefully.

Draco clearly looked like he was about to be piss of, whoever, he remained sat in his bench, pretending like Matthew wasn't even there, and I'm glad he wasn't trying to pull out a fight.

"Well, I guess I will talk with you later then." Matthew said, and Draco remained quiet as he took a sip from his pumpkin juice.

"Yeah, just find me in the common room after dinner." I said softly, as my gaze was looking forth and between Draco tense face and Matthew enjoying the fact of that.

"Okay, see you." He said softly, and then turned to Draco. "Malfoy." He said firmly, but a bit in a mocking tone, he was enjoying the fact of Draco not pissing off, and taking advantage of that, trying to tease him and take him to his limit.

And I thought he had achieved that when I saw Draco's jawline clench.

"Angelo." Draco said in firm voice, and turned back to the front.

Matthew left without saying another word, and I couldn't be more relieved that nothing happened.

Draco still seemed tense, but I was glad he didn't argued or started fighting with Matthew.

"Draco..." I said softly, looking at his tense face, and of course, his cold mask that I did not missed at all.

"Yeah?" He said, locking his soft gaze with me, while chewing his food.

"Thank you...for not piss of with Matthew." I said softly, and tilted my head trying to look at some crack in his mask where I could see, the soft and true Draco, but I barely found none.

"Yeah sure, don't worry about it." He said firmly, and drove his gaze off my eyes.

We didn't talked for the rest of our dinner, we were already finishing when Matthew came either ways, so we didn't had much to talk.

{☆~☆}

Matthew was sat in a couch, in front of a fireplace, while waiting for me.

I remember of these days, where we laughed before going into classes, he would tell me some stupid joke, but I would laugh anyways, because that's how our friendship was, for four whole years.

I sat besides him, and he gave me a thin smile, but like I did to Draco, I didn't returned one back.

"Hey...hmmm-" I cut him off, a bit rudely.