Chapter 13

My parents always told me, that most people will dissappear when you most need them, or either turn their back at the problems, just to avoid the hard truth.

And they're right, Charlotte and Matthew had left me, as I stepped into the living hell, surrounded by fire, as they were burning in flames trying to get me out of it, and giving up after multiples failed attempts, and left me, to be burned to ashes when the time come.

But Draco didn't, he was the fire surrounding me, he was the fire that didn't dared to hurt me or touch me, the fire that didn't let me turn to ashes, he kept burning around me in a circle shape, able to fade away if I wanted to, and entering again, being the only one allowed inside of it, as he burned whoever tried to get in his way, except me, as he was fatally hot to the others, he was just kindly warmed to me...

Charlotte barely spoke to me when I arrived to our dorm, same in the classes, she always got up earlier so I would have to go alone, and even thought we sat together, we don't switch any word between us, except in Potions where she asked for ingredients, always with her cold tone towards me, not even daring to look at me while doing so.

I wanted to talk with her, explain to her, but I've never seen so mad like this before, therefore it would be wiser to let her time to think things clearly.

I was always alone, Charlotte left me alone, she would be probably with Amdrei, or maybe preferred even being alone rather than being with me, even in lunch time, I didn't see her, either she eats earlier or after me, just to avoid me the all day.

I got used to it by now, these last few days have not being easy, spending all the time alone, and Matthew, I barely see him, only sometimes in dinner, but instead of eating with me, he was eating with his classmates, and Cecile.

But this time was different, this time he stood up from his seat, and sat down im front of me, like he used to.

I was opening my mouth to say something at him, to ask why, to ask why has he changed his mind, but he spoke on top of me.

"Before you say something, I'm only here because I can't deal with the guilt of lefting you all alone, no one should pass through that..."He said softly, locking his gaze with mine. "But that doesn't mean I'm still not mad at you." He said firmly, breaking eye contact.

He was mad at me? I was the one left alone, I am the one who nobody believes in, I am the one who was alone in the Ball while everybody danced together and had fun without me, not even caring to ask if I wanted to join them, everyone except the person they insist so badly to misjudged, they insist so badly for me to stay away because apparently, they want the best for me.

When everybody left me, he was there for me, he was the only one who hadn't left me alone, never.

"Excuse me?!" I shouted angrily at him, furrowing my eyebrowns in rage.

"You're excuse." He said calmly.

"You're mad at me, you?!" I said abruptly, speaking loud and clear. "Give me one reason for you to be mad at me!" I shouted firmly.

"Oh I have many reasons believe me, but the main one, is the one where you choose to ignore my advices and keep going to talk with Malfoy!" He shouted abruptly, looking away from his plate to look at me.

"That's my choice, my mistakes, my actions!" I shouted angrily. "Matthew you can't control my life." I said in a loud tone. "And you can't be mad at the choices I make either.

"Well, that's because you're making all the wrong choices-" I cut him off abruptly.

"That's not a reason to left me alone!" I shouted and he lowered his head in shame and guilty. "Draco was there for me when you and Charlotte left me, and yet, you keep on insulting him, and telling me to stay away from him."

"Exactly, don't you see? Malfoy is turning you against us, it's obvious-" I cut him off.

"Matthew are you being serious right now?!" I asked disbelieving my own words. "Matthew I thought you wanted to apologize, but you just made things worse than before."

"You can't tell me I'm wrong-" I cut him off.

"Yes I can, and your the one acting like a child here." I said firmly standing up from my seat, lefting him alone instead if me.

I didn't needed their pity, I don't care if they left me alone, it's in this moments where we see if people are truly our friends, I know I would get burned, I know I would feel regret, but who type of friends leaves you alone because they want what it's best for you.

So that's what I'm doing, if they think being away from me is what it is best, than I would step away from the as well, because it is what it is best...

{☆~☆}

As usual, I went to the Astronomy Tower, to met Draco, he was already there when I arrived and sat besides him.

"Hey." I said softly giving him a soft smile.

"I've seen you have spoken with your friend...what happened?" He asked calmly, turning his gaze at me.

"Well, he's mad at me, but, he doesn't have the right to, because I did nothing wrong, he is the one who is overreacting to everything, and he says he's the one who deserves to be mad." I said angrily, letting all out.

"Hmmm." He hummed, gesturing to me to go on.

"I mean he and Charlotte were the ones who left me alone, I'm the one who should be mad!" I shouted firmly.

"And are you mad?" He asked calmly.

"Of course I'm mad!" I shouted abruptly. "Merlin, sorry for all the screaming." I said softly.

"Well, you have the right to be mad, but, what is this all about anyways." He asked, driving his gaze at the sky again.

"It's just...they think I'm making bad decisions, and that I should stop...but I know I'm not, I know it, but they don't believe me." I said angrily, letting out a frustrated groan.

"I think they left you alone, because they don't want to face the truth, to face the fact they're wrong...truth hurts." He said calmly.

"You're right, accepting the truth sometimes hurts..." I said calming down my tone after spitting all my feelings out with someone.

"But they are being the ones acting wrong by lefting you alone, you should talk with them, you shouldn't walk alone, all by yourself." He said firmly, as I finally looked at him to examine his face, this time he wasn't as cold as he uses to be, a little slits in his mask, slowly opening as the time passed.

I smiled at him, and turned my gaze back at the clear dark sky, watching the starts aligned im the sky forming different shapes and constellations, and the full moon, being the only big light at our eyes.