Chapter 60

I unpacked my bags that same night in my new dorm, while I admired it of how big and different was from the one I shared with Charlotte.

Instead of two single beds, there was a king size walnut bed, green sheets, a dark wood dresser, two sizes bigger than the other I had, a dressing table, a desk with an empty shelve near the bed, long velvet, emerald green curtains, hanged in front of a sort of ellipse-shaped window, the same view to the deeps of the black lake, a emerald green rug, along with a long, brown leather sofa, accompanied with pickle green pillows, in the middle of the rug, positioned in the center of the room, with a fireplace made by Bavarian castle stone right in front of it, a circle-shaped walnut table with two chairs with a pickle green fabric on top of it, a antiquated, long silver mirror near the window, slytherin flags spread along the room of course, and then a private bathroom.

Amazed by the details of the room, I incredibly felt safe among these walls, knowing that no one unexpected would enter without knocking, at least it was what I hoped.

I took the yellow flowers out of my truck, and placed them in a white jar that I conjured with the help of my wand, and took the opportunity to check if the enchantment to keep them alive was still working.

I observed them for a while, smiling as I did so, remembering of my mother best moments with me, a left a tear, not a tear of sadness, a tear of gratefulness for the moments she got to spend with me, I'm thankful for every single one of them.

My next move was grabb my necklace, and think wisely about going to the Astronomy Tower tonight, remembering that Hogwarts wasn't the same anymore.

My first thought was not to go, as I remembered what succeed there the very last time I stepped in those marble stairs, but I missed going there, even with very little stars, perhaps even none, the place itself made me feel protected.

I had to be careful while stepping out of my dorm, it was late, and the slightest noise and I would awake the people in the dorms nearby.

My steps were quiet and slowly, my gaze checking every corner to make sure I was alone, and to make sure nobody would see me.

As I reached the stairs, I stood, only a step away from the first stair, wondering wether should I climb or not, wether I would be surprised by what I would found up there or not.

I gave the first step, and then another one, and another, my hand touching the metal bar as I did so.

Climbing these marble stairs felt odd, after years of doing the same thing every night, it felt like I hadn't already memorized every step.

The cold breeze was going up my spine, like if I was climbing stairs that leaded to a place made by rough ice, built by the nefarious action that happened not long ago.

As I reached the top, my feet came to a halt when I saw myself staring at a familiar figure, sat in the place that was now accommodated to be filled by emptiness.

I couldn't believe my own eyes, it's been so many time that I don't see him, sitting there, waiting for my arrival so we spoke about the astonishing stars, or just to enjoy each others company.

He noticed my presence, perhaps by the hear of my heavy breathing as I tried to hold back my tears, and he turned his head around, locking his gaze with mine.

We stared like if the whole world had stopped at our feet, as we were nowhere, but in a endless blank place as everything else among is vanished in the beauty of each other gazes.

"You." He said coldly.

"You." I repeated softly, and gave small steps towards wherr he was, and sat besides him, like the old days.