Chapter 34

"Mom?" I said softly, and went upstairs, nobody was answering, and the house was pretty dark, and cold. "Mom where are you?" I asked softly.

The cold got bigger, my arms were already freezing, I had to embrace my own arms to keep myself warm.

I found myself in a hallway that, in the darkness, seemed unrecognizable, even the smell was strange and unfamiliar.

I thought twice about stepping forward, and was about to go back, thinking I may have got wrong in the way to my mother's room for some reason, until I heard a whisper.

I couldn't quite say what he was saying, it was too low, almost just like wind blowing, soft waves, but, it was actually a voice, and such voice made me lost control of myself, and walked towards from where it came.

The most I stepped forward, the most the room got colder, and darker, soon enough and I would be without vision at all.

The whispers got louder at each step I give, and now, I was almost wondering throught an unknown path, with no light to guide me, just darkness beneath my eyes.

I reached a point where I could decipher what the voice was whispering among the cold breeze, and these empty walls, it was my name.

"...Lara..." I heard the voice whispering my name, almost as begging for help, it was a female voice, but extremely frail, it looked like...like it was dying.

The voice didn't even looked human at all, it was so muffled and deep, that it made my spine shivered.

Somehow, I knew, or better, my body knew where to go, the voice was leading me somewhere I could feel it, even though this looked like the worst scenario, a stupid girl, who follows a creepy and unfamiliar voice never ends up well, but, there was something in this voice, something that made my own body move by itself, move by it's calling.

The whispers were now loud enough, they didn't stopped calling my name, and suddenly, I saw a light turn on my left, illuminating nothing more, than a green, rusty door from where was hanged.

"...Lara..." The voice kept calling and calling.

I slowly, walked towards the door, and my hand slowly reached for the golden and old, doorknob, and twisted it, opening the door.

As soon as I pushed the door slowly open, the whispers imediatly got louder, whoever - or whatever - was calling me, was in this very room.

"...Lara..." The voice called.

I stepped in the room, and I felt my heart drop, when I saw my mother, layed in the bed, taking her last breaths.

Blood was coming out of her mouth as she coughed some more, her pillow was painted red already, and her skin was more than just pale.

"Mom!" I yelled as I ranned towards her, I grabbed her hand, and the whispering stopped, my eyes were already stained in tears.

"Blackwell? What's happening?"

I heard an outsider voice, this one looked like a male, and quite familiar, couldn't tell from where it came from.

"Mom! No, don't leave me!" I cried out, but she didn't respond, she didn't even seemed to regonize my touch anymore, she didn't even looked at me, she seemed already lifeless in her bed, only her soul remained intact.

"Blackwell! Please..." The same outsider voice screamed.

I saw my mom's eyes closed, and the strength and pulsation from her hand dissappear.

"Mom!" I yelled in despair.

She was gone.

"Blackwell, please, wake up!" I heard the same outsider, male voice yell, and suddenly, the room where I was standing besides my mom's body, started to fade away, and I felt myself coming back to reality...