Chapter 15

The day of the second task was at the black lake, the champions would have to rescue something very dear or important to them which was being helt in deep down the lake.

I payed little care of attention, I was bored while watching it, as it sounded the canon, the four champions dive in the lake, and they had one hour to come back, so we were pretty much just watching the water still, it was the same water I watched every throught my door after all, nothing I haven't already seen.

My gaze was paying more attention to the crowd rather than the water, completely unmoved as the champions disappeared in the vast deep lake.

My gaze caught Draco, he was whispering something to Blaise, standing in Draco's left side, making him laugh in amusement, as Pansy who stood on his right tried to hear to laugh as well, but Draco completely ignored her. Crabbe and Goyle were on each side of them shoving people away from them, like if they were the owners of the world, crossing their arms in front of their chest like some kind of body guards.

He didn't noticed me staring, he was looking at the water, waiting for someone to show up, and so I did the same after a matter of a few seconds.

Fleur had given up after what looked like half a hour, she was attacked by the Grundylows, and gave up imediatly, failing the task to retrieve their most precious things, being automatically in last place.

The first to emerge from the water was Cedric, bringing Cho Chang, the girl he went to the Yule Ball with, along with him, being held in first place as all the Hufflepuffs cheered at him.

Seconds after Krum appeared, Hermione Granger besides him, as they went together to the Yule Ball as well, conquering the second place, but Harry was nowhere to be seen.

With the few minutes he had left to appear were fading away, everybody started worrying about Harry, but just then, Ron Weasley appeared on the surface, along with a little girl, probably Fleur's sister for her appearance, but Harry didn't showed up.

Minutes after the hour they had passed, and suddenly, Harry emerged from the water, as all the teachers and staff quickly runned into him, checking if he was alright.

He had stayed behind to retrieve Fleur's sister which made him conquer the second place, tied with Cedric, and everybody cheered, or at least almost everybody...

Draco and I had got just a little bit closer, he doesn't say much, he prefers to ask about me, and listens to my words carefully as I spoke, most of times I spoke for long minutes but he didn't really seemed to be bothered about that, it actually looked the opposite, he seemed to like to hear my talk, to hear my words.

I'm not used to people being so interested about me, most of times they just forgot everything I said in the next day, or didn't even payed attention, but Draco didn't, he was different, he liked to hear my storys, and he remembered them all the time by referring into something I said...Yeah, I remember you telling me that about your mother...Yes, I remember...

Charlotte and I have started to talk a bit more often, most of times we can even forgot about why we're we mad, or even mad at all...

Matthew was another story, as I told him how things are going, coldly and firmly, as thought we were just classmates talking, he just nodded, or hummed in affirmation, he avoided to open his mouth asides to eat his food or drink water.

"So, how are things Charlotte." He asked firmly, only watching his food.

"They're going fine, thanks for asking." I answered coldly, praying attention only at the plate in front of me filled with food.

"Good." He said, his gaze focusing between all the room except in me

I let out a deep sigh, we've been like this for almost months, I needed my bestfriend back, and so did he, this was everything but healthy, the coldness between would reach a point were it would be unbreakable, and I couldn't let it get that far, I had to press on the few cracks while I could, making them bigger until break the ice