Chapter 35

It was almost dawn when we arrived home, I wanted to see my mother and take this clothes off, and I can barely feel my feet anymore, or my body, I was extremely exhausted.

We stepped inside our home, everything was quiet and calm, the healers were sat in the couch of the living room which means my mother is probably still sleeping.

"Ah, Mr. Lakewood, I was wondering when would you arrive." The healer Howler said softly, standing up from the couch, he was in lime green robes, with a sign of a bone and a wand, the usual uniform for the healers. "I need to have a conversation with you."

"Is everything okay with my wife?" My father asked softly, closing the door, and stepping closer to Howler.

"She's in good conditions, for the time being, but..." He looked over me, a worried look. "It's a delicate subject." He said firmly, and looked at my father again.

"Right, yes of course...Lara go to your room." My father said softly, but I refused to move.

"No, I deserve to know about mother's well-being as much as you do." I shouted firmly at my father.

"Lara, we've discussed this already-" I spoke on top of him.

"But-" He cut me off by speaking louder.

"If Mr. Howler says he needs to speak with me in private, then that's what I shall do." My father said firmly.

I was with my anger at my limit, I know he was only trying to protect me, I know he just wants the best to me, but he needs to understand that I'm not a child anymore, I may be a very sensitive about my mother, but I need to learn about how to face things, and pushing me away wasn't the exact way to do it.

"Oh and Mrs. Thea..." My father called the healers, standing next to Mr. Howler, dressed in the same robes as him. "Make sure my daughter stays in her room while I'm talking with Mr. Howler, I don't want her to eavesdrop." He said firmly, and I let out a frustrated groan as I climbed the stairs with the healer Thea right behind me.

I stepped inside my room, and closed the door in the healer face - not that she has any fault - she may stay outside the door, but I don't need a babysitter with me, in my room.

I slipped my dress off, and put on some comfortable clothes, and started pacing around the room, the tiredness of the party founded itself no longer in my body, and instead, a bit of concerning and curiosity replaced it.

I didn't even get to see my mother since I got home from the party, and probably that was the part that was most affecting me, no matter how many times people tell me she's okay, I still need to see it with my own eyes, just so I can relax a bit.

I opened the door, and found Mrs. Thea, standing in front of it, with her arms crossed, looking like a body guard, and turned around when she realized of my presence.

"I want to see my mom." I said firmly.

"I'm afraid Mrs. Blackwell is asleep as we talk." She said firmly.

"Well, then I want to see my father, this is ridiculous." I said angrily, I was practically letting all out to a healer in my house, if she deserved it or not, that was to be determined yet.

"I have strict orders to not leave you alone, Miss Blackwell." She said, and I rolled my eyes and groaned in frustration, closing the door harshly before she even got the opportunity to finish her sentence.

Maybe I understand now why my mother is not the best fan of healers.

But I did knew how to trick her, this is my house after all, and besides, I'm my mother's daughter, and I haven't told everything about my mother yet...