Chapter 67

"You cannot be speaking seriously?!" I asked abruptly.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I have no choice." He said in a apologetic tone, his face, filled with regret, regret for knowing I would never forget this, forget what he promise and still, walked away like a coward, and hide himself in the shadows like a black cat in the darkness does.

I felt betrayed, I felt someone who has been lied to, because I was lied to, and now there was no turning back, no re-read on the chapters, I would have to read the next pages, until I reached the very end of this story, that it's everything but a fairytale.

"You promised we would visit mom's grave!" I shouted almost in tears.

He flinched, he seemed not to even been feeling fair with himself, the guilty could almost be smelled from here, it's scent all over the room I've been always in since the begging of holidays.

He felt guilt, and I wanted him to feel that way, guilty destroy us inside and corrupts us until the very end, I knew that, I've once experienced it.

"I cannot disobey a Dark Lord's order." He said firmly, avoiding to switch gazes with me. "I wanted to tell you this with calm." He said in a quiet tone.

"Calm! How do you want me to be calm?!..." I said, my voice filled with cracks, my emotions so mixed that I didn't knew what was going through me, either rage or a sort of sorrowful. "It's been two years..." I said as tears left my eyes. "Two years, and I never visited her grave." I said, feeling also some sort of guiltless in my veins.

"Lara..." He gave small steps towards me, attempting to grab my shoulders so I was facing him, but I shoved him off. "Please forgive me." He begged.

I shaked my head, trying to push away the urge to tear up, despite the fact that some tears have managed to fall from my green eyes, surrounded by a redness from the color of blood.

"You promised..." I said, my voice breaking in cracks.

"I know. I know I'm sorry..." I ignored his words, and turned my back to him, facing the window that showed the maze covered of white. "You don't know how guilty I feel to-" I cut him off.

"Leave me alone." I said, a emotionless sentence, but loud enough for him to hear, as his words were sealed against his mouth and a silence was now flying in the room.

I heard the sound of his boots against the marble reach the door, and he opened it, but stopping there.

"This was not how I wanted to say goodbye to you..." He said, but I replied nothing, keeping my back turned to him. "I'm afraid we won't see each other soon." He said in a melancholic tone.

I looked over my shoulder, my face firm, dry tears stained on my cheeks, he was between the door and the room, hoping for me to hug him or properly say goodbye to him.

"Good." It was the very last thing I said to him, and looked at the window again, and relax under the sound of my door closing.

I let the tears that were so much begging to decay, roll down my cheeks, wetting the floor, trying to be quiet fearing that my father would still be listening outside the door.

My blurred eyes, looked over to the vase where I kept the yellow flowers, my hand, instinctively, taking my necklace from under my clothes, and wrapped around the ring, wishing nothing more but the such person who gave it to me, be by my side, hugging me, comforting me.

These flowers, were the very last thing that gave me a clear memory from her, everytime I looked at them I remembered of her golden days, of the times we always runned through the field of those same flowers together, mostly I smiled but with a tear as I remembered our best memories.