Chapter 27

I woke up, by the sound of someone, or something, ticking glass, and, when I opened my eyes, I saw a owl outside my windown, my father's owl, with a letter on his beak.

I quickly stood up from my bed, waking up Charlotte abruptly as I did so, and rushed towards the window to open it, and took the letter that was on his beak.

I examinated it carefully, before fully ripped it open, and read it.

My dear daughter Lara

I would like to apologize for not write to you sooner, but your mother insists to not do so, you don't worry while in school.

At first, I agreed with her, and her decision to not write to you until she gets well, but, I'm afraid it had come the time where I need to tell you this.

Unfortunately, you're mother sicknesses got worse, she was okay for a few weeks after you leave, but in these lasts few days she can barely stand from her bed.

I'm terrible for telling you this in a letter, but I can't leave your mother alone, and she doesn't want to stay with any healer so I could speak with you directly.

She said not to write to you, and she doesn't know I did, so you don't worry about her, but not doing so, I feel like I'm failing as a father and husband, and you have the right to know of your curent mother well-being.

I'm not telling you this so you worry about her, and miss classes because of it, I'm telling so at least you have some news of your mother, even though they are not the best.

However, don't you ever forget that you mother is a strong woman, she got better, she just got worse a bit, probably because of the cold weather's arrival, I'm sure she will be okay soon, but I couldn't hold any longer to tell you this.

With love, your father.

I holded the letter tightly between my fingers, with the urge to cry or scream, I hoped my mother to be better by now, but instead just got worse, I shouldn't be here, passing a good time with my friends, sneaking out to train spells, breaking rules, I should be besides her, supporting her, help her...

"Lara, are you okay?" Charlotte asked softly, as she reached for me and my father's letter.

She read it carefully, and soon enough I felt her arms hug me tightly as a few tears escaped my eyes, and I started sobbing into her arms.

She didn't said anything, she just tried to calm me down, and say that everything was going to be okay, and we stayed hugged until was time for us to go to classes, Charlotte said maybe it was better if I took the day off, the teachers would understand, but I went anyways, my mother would not feel good with herself, knowing I missed classes due to her.

{☆~☆}

"Alright, now we will practice the Stunning Spell more known as Stupefy, choose yourself a partner and form a line." Harry said firmly.

The last few days I've been here, in the Room of Requirement, it's not been easy to manage my time, and hide this away from Charlotte it's not different, but it's working well, asides from the part where no one trusts me yet, and no one chooses me as a partner, and most of times I train with Harry.

And like this moment, everybody had a partner, except, for me.

"Lara, you stay with me, please step forward." Harry said, as he was in the middle of the two lines of students.