Chapter 1 - The Homeless Woman

As the story goes, Kara Danvers is a Kryptonian, and she was sent to Earth when she was only 13 years old, when her home planet was dying, and exploded. Kara was tasked with looking after, and raising, her baby cousin, Kal-El. But of course, Kara's pod got knocked off course and sucked into the phantom zone, which she didn't return out of for 24 years. This ultimately resulted in Kara landing on Earth, still as a 13-year-old girl, who from her perspective, Krypton had only exploded moments ago. But on earth she was found by a then 24-year-old Kal-El. This meant that the whole situation was reversed. Kal-El had to be the one to look after Kara as he was the adult, and Kara the child. But Kal-El was not equipped to take care of his cousin, and knew the best thing for her would be to find her a loving family, so she could at least try and get back some of the childhood which had been taken away from her by the death of Krypton. This ultimately led to Kal-El giving Kara to the Danvers family, with her adoptive parents becoming Eliza and Jerimiah Danvers. Kal-El, or Clark on Earth, trusted the Danvers couple, as they had previously helped him years ago when he was a teenager and just getting to grips with his powers. So, Clark trusted them implicitly. Then at the same time Clark knew that Eliza and Jermiah had a daughter, Alex, who he thought would be good for Kara. Clark felt that Kara would enjoy having a sister, it would be like she actually gained something by coming to Earth, instead of it all being taken away. Although Clark knew this would be small comfort for his cousin.

Growing up it took Kara a while to adjust to life on Earth, and everything that entailed, as things were and still are a lot different on the new planet she now calls home. It took Kara a long time, several months, to finally come out of herself, and make some sort of peace with her grief. As during the first few months Kara spent a lot of time crying, and alone by herself, not wanting to get attached to anyone new. Kara felt like if she did, it would be like a betrayal to her parents. This meant that as Kara kept mostly to herself, her home and school life were not good. At school she was the shy awkward kid that couldn't make any friends, and because of this was a total embarrassment to her new sister Alex. Then when Kara was not at school, and at home instead, she spent most of her time just sitting outside, night and day, looking out into the sky thinking of the planet she lost. Thankfully enough, it was actually Alex that helped bring Kara out of herself. It happened one day at school. Kara was minding her own business at her locker, but then one of the school's female bullies came up to her and grabbed all her stuff and threw it onto the floor, out of her hands and out of her locker. The bully screamed at Kara, telling her she was a freak and that her parents died because of her and it was all Kara's fault. Of course, Kara knew she had powers, and she could have easily used them to attack the bully, but she was far too emotionally tormented by the bully yelling at her, and bringing up her worst thoughts and fears. Instead Kara began crying and allowed the bully to push her up against the lockers. Kara then fell to the floor and tried to curl into a ball and cry, thinking of her parents and everyone she knew on Krypton being dead. The bully just laughed and laughed and laughed at Kara, continuing to taunt her. But that is when Alex came running down the school hallway screaming "Get away from my sister!". It was the first time that Alex referred to her as her sister. Once Alex got to the bully, she was relentless. She attacked the girl, punching her all over her body and face, giving her a bloody nose and black eye. The bully was utterly helpless, and when Alex was done with her she was the one curled up into a ball crying. Alex didn't hurt her that much, the bully just cried because in reality like most bullies, she was a coward, and the first time she had been challenged she became her true self and just wheeped. Alex then went to her sister and hugged her, telling her she would be okay. Of course, Alex got into a lot of trouble after that, and was suspended from school for a month. When Eliza and Jerimiah found out why Alex was suspended, they couldn't really find it in themselves to punish Alex for it. They were just glad that Alex finally was acting like the sister they had told her to be. That night Alex talked to Kara and held her tight in a hug, telling her she loved her and that she would never let anything bad happen to her every again, promising to always protect her, not matter what. From that moment on, Alex and Kara became true sisters, and their bond was forged, something that could never be broken.