Chapter 7 - Lena & Krypto Origins Part 3

Lena sits in the room in the police station by herself for about 10 minutes. As the time passes by Lena begins to wonder what is going on, why is the police officer taking so long? Lena just gets the feeling, with a tingle on the back of her neck, that something is wrong. However, Lena really doesn't know what to do, as she knows that there is still the distinct possibility that maybe they are just taking a while to process the evidence or something. Lena's worst case scenario in her mind is that the police now believe that she is somehow involved in the illegal activities that Lex and Lillian are doing to the dogs, and they are taking so long to prepare to arrest her or something. But even as Lena's thoughts drift to some bad scenarios, Lena has no thought of leaving, as she knows that if she does leave, then subject #225 will suffer for it, as then she won't be able to save him with the MPD's help.

More time ticks by, and the 10 minutes that pass soon become 20, and Lena is just getting more and more nervous and anxious. However, just as the 20 minutes that have past turns to 21 minutes, the door to the room opens, with two police officers stepping in. Lena recognises one of the police officers as the one who she gave the evidence to, but she does not recognise the other. The fact that two officers have come back into the room does concern Lena a bit, but they both have smiles on their faces, so this does ease some of Lena's nerves.

"Okay Miss Luthor. We have just examined your evidence, and if you don't mind, we have a few more questions to ask you." The first officer says to her.

"Uhhh.... Sure..." Lena replies, nervously, looking at the second officer that is standing there.

"Oh... I'm sorry.... I should introduce you.... this is my colleague... Office Otis Graves." The first officer explains, "He is just here because when an accusation of crimes of this nature are reported, it is station policy for two officers to be present when we are asking further questions of the 'whistle-blower'."

"Ohh... okay..." Lena says, nodding her head in understanding.

"It is nice to meet you, Miss Luthor." Officer Otis Graves smiles.

"You too... Now.... can we.... please get on with this.... I don't like the fact that the longer we are here... the longer that the dog in my brother's lab remains trapped, and at risk of death." Lena says, anxiously as she thinks of subject #225.

"Of course." The first officer nods, taking a seat opposite Lena.

Officer Otis Graves however does not take a seat, instead he just casually walks around behind Lena, and leans his back against the wall, crossing his arms.

"Okay, so first I need to know, how long have you been aware of what your brother has been, allegedly, doing?" The officer asks.

As the officer asks this question, Lena just thinks that her original thought while she was waiting was right, they are now questioning her because they suspect her of being involved too. But Lena does not mind, she has nothing to hide, and she is more than happy to prove her innocence.

"I only found out about it all today. I was working on a project in Luthor Corp, to combine two DNAs together in a certain manner. It is a project that my brother basically begged me to come to Luthor Corp to work on, right out of university, as he knew that I had the skills and knowledge to help him." Lena explains, "Lex however wasn't very forthcoming about what the project was actually for. He just told me that the less I knew, the more clear-headed I could be, without thinking about the other aspects of the project. He did not even tell me where the two sets of DNA were from. I very much didn't like that, but Lex said that Luthor Corp would be at risk if the project failed, and he promised me some things to help me start my own company once I am finished at Luthor Corp, so I agreed. Anyway, it wasn't until this evening, when I had just finished a part of my project that I wanted to inform Lex. I first called his assistant, and she told me he was in his private lab. I then went over to Lex's private lab, and that is when I saw Lex and my mother walking out of it. The two of them were talking about some project, and I did not like the sound of it. I just knew that, if what they were talking about was true, then they were both doing something truly awful. So, I made sure to keep out of sight of the two of them, and then once they were gone, I broke into Lex's lab and found all this."