Chapter 34 - Interview Aftermath

Kara stands there in her office, watching CatCo news, and grows a very big smirk on her face, as she watches Lillian very visibly now squirm, clearly uncomfortable with the question she has just been asked.

"I.... I don't recall that name... or company..." Lillian eventually says, after a few moments silence.

"That is strange, because it seems that Otis Graves has been using Armatech, a Luthor Corp subsidiary, and a string of shell companies, to pay several people large sums of money. This includes some of the police officers involved in Jack Spheer's murder investigation." Andrea says.

Lillian squirms in her seat again.

"Kara.... did you do this?" Alex asks, standing back next to Kara in her office.

Kara turns and looks at her sister, still with a smirk on her face, which is all the confirmation Alex needs.

"Kara... this could go bad in so many ways!" Alex says, in a worried voice.

"I wasn't just going to sit and watch as Lillian uses CatCo as her tool to try and turn public perception against me, and smear Lena as this mentally ill person, whose family is desperately trying to look for her." Kara says, "I did what I had to."

Alex sighs.

"I just really hope you know what you're doing." Alex says.

Back on the interview, Lillian is still very clearly uncomfortable.

"So, what do you know about Armatech, and Otis Graves' involvement?" Andrea presses.

Lillian closes her eyes for a second, and a few seconds later opens them again, and then quickly stands up.

"I have no idea what you are trying to get at with these ridiculous claims!" Lillian says, in an annoyed voice, "I came here hoping to use CatCo's platform to help me find my daughter! But you turned it into this?! To accuse me, or Luthor Corp of such things? Shame on you!"

Lillian then storms off of the interview set, which leaves Andrea Rojas with a surprised look on her face, and Kara with a very smug expression.

"Uhh... well..." Andrea says, looking back at the camera, "I guess that concludes our interview with Lillian Luthor. Thank you for tuning in to CatCo Worldwide Media."

Back at CatCo Lillian has gone storming off the set, into the dressing room she has been provided with. Lex is now standing in the dressing room, with an angry look on his face.

"What the hell was that, mother?!" Lex asks, annoyed.

Lillian angrily walks over to Lex.

"That was your fault!" Lillian says, angrily, "You told me that you had covered anything leading back to Luthor Corp with all the people you've paid off."

"I have! There is no way that anyone can link anything back to us! And even if they can, it all leads back to Otis Graves." Lex replies.

"That doesn't matter you fool!" Lillian says, slapping her son across the face, "Luthor Corp can only be a success as long as the public don't know about certain activities we do, that they would disagree with. Even if all those payments link back to Otis, and not us, the public will speculate, and they will easily know it leads to us! Even if they can't prove anything! And that will destroy Luthor Corp, and the legacy that your father built."

Lex rubs his face where Lillian slapped him, and then looks his mother directly in the eyes, shooting daggers at her.

"Mother... you forget your place." Lex says, taking a menacing step closer to Lillian, "Luthor Corp is my company, not yours; father left it to me, not you. So don't try and talk to me about legacy. You are not a real Luthor. Even Lena is more of a Luthor than you. You only have a presence at Luthor Corp because I allow it. I wouldn't test me, mother."