Chapter 45 - Hacking the Servers

Kara is currently typing away, trying to access the servers what are surrounding her. Admittedly, Kara is finding that getting into the servers is rather difficult, as there are several layers of encryption, with multiple firewalls. Of course, Kara is no slouch when it comes to hacking into things, as if she wanted to, and had enough time and focus, she could probably hack into some of the most secure places in the world. The only real problem for Kara, is not her ability, but time. Lex's firewalls and encryption on the servers are not anything ground-breaking, or especially hard, for Kara to get through, just time consuming. It obviously would have been a lot easier for Kara to hack into the servers remotely, or have her nano-tech devices do it for her, while she kept Lex occupied, but neither of those are options now. From what Kara has already been able to tell, it looks like whatever information Lex has stored on these servers, he doesn't want anyone else to see, or get their hands on, as the servers have no access to the internet whatsoever. This means that even if Kara wanted to, and knew where the servers were, she couldn't hack into them remotely.

Over the next 15 minutes, Kara continues to type away, getting deeper and deeper into the servers, almost having full access. However, Kara also knows that even once she has full access, that won't just be it, as she will then have to find a way to somehow get an internet connection to then be able to send the data to Winn at the DEO. This is all on top of Kara likely not being given all the time in the world, as she is sure that at some point or other Lex's men might notice he's missing, and come and look for him. Then if they find Lex tied up and free him, Kara isn't sure if perhaps Lex has some developmental weapons that he would use against Kryptonians, who he is so set against. As that is what Lex's plan has been about after all, taking down Kryptonians, specifically Superman at first.

"Gotcha." Kara finally says, having now getting full control over the servers.

Kara now begins to quickly look through the servers, using her super speed, and ability to read and type things at a fast pace, to look at as much information as possible, as quickly as the computer will allow her to. Through doing this, Kara discovers many things that make her stomach feel absolutely sick, and not just about Lex and Lillian, but about Lionel Luthor too. Kara learns that originally when Lionel Luthor created Luthor Corp it was with his two 'best friends' from college, with Lionel acting as the Chairman and CEO, and his two friends in other executive rolls. However, over the next few years that followed, as the company grew, Lionel managed to trick his two friends into diluting their shares, making them essentially worthless. One of these 'friends' killed themselves soon after this, and another died about 3 years later, in mysterious circumstances.

Kara also reads about how Lionel hired a woman called Elizabeth Walsh to work with him on international business deals with Luthor Corp, and they soon ended up sleeping together, as well as attending international events as a 'duo'. In fact, from what Kara reads, it seems like the manner in which this Elizabeth woman and Lionel Luthor were attending these events was highly inappropriate, because Lionel was married to Lillian, and it said nothing about him and Lillian separating, or being apart. From how things read, it seems like Lionel didn't care he was with Lillian, and wanted to be with this Elizabeth woman also. The files then go on to explain how Elizabeth Walsh soon gave birth to a daughter who was named Lena Walsh, and later renamed Lena Luthor, after her mother died 4 years later.

Upon reading that information, Kara isn't sure what to feel, as she has just read some really private information about Lena. Information that Kara isn't even sure if Lena knows herself. Kara honestly feels like she has violated Lena's privacy a bit. However, this continues when Kara ends up reading even more files relating to Lena, including information about how Lex and Lillian had murdered Lionel Luthor, and bribed a lawyer to prevent an update in his will which gave Lena everything, along with various other things.