Chapter 9 - To Trust a Stranger

Kara and Keiran happily sitting on the bed, eating their pancakes, which they are sharing between them. Kara is actually trying, very hard, not to just stuff her face like usual, and eat all the pancakes. Kara wants to specifically make sure that Keiran gets her fair share, as she is sure that Keiran likely hasn't had a good meal in a long time, not that this is a good meal. Kara just really hopes that over the next few days, while Keiran hopefully stays with her, she can feed her some nice good and healthy meals, three times a day, as well as feeding Krypto too. Kara is pretty sure that the two don't eat anywhere near as much as they should, seeing as they live on the streets, and likely don't have much money to buy food.

"You can have more if you like." Kara says, noticing Keiran has only had 3 pancakes, and has now stopped, even though she is still looking at the rest of the food with hunger written on her face.

"Are... are you sure?" Keiran asks, nervously.

"Of course I am. I made these for you Keiran, you can eat whatever you like, and however much you like." Kara smiles.

"O...okay." Keiran replies, nervously.

Keiran then grabs some more pancakes and tops them with some raspberries and whipped cream. While the two continue to eat, Krypto has just laid himself on the bed by the two women's feet.

"Krypto." Keiran says.

Krypto moves his head off the bed and looks up at Keiran.

"Here." Keiran says, holding out a palm full of raspberries for Krypto to eat.

Krypto quickly stands up and very gently walks up the side of Keiran's body, and then once more, gently, eats the fruit from Keiran's palm.

"Good boy." Keiran smiles once he has taken all the food from her palm, rubbing him behind his ears. "Did you like that?"

Krypto just wags his tail, happily, as he continues to chew on the raspberries.

"I've ordered him some food. So, he will be able to get a good proper healthy dog meal later today. I didn't know what you usually feed him, so I just got the top rated natural healthy dog food." Kara says.

"That... should be fine.... I.... I don't usually give him the best food for a dog.... He usually only gets whatever he can scavage on the streets.... Or when we share some food, when I do come across some money." Keiran says, sadly.

Kara gives Keiran a very sad look.

"Okay. I'm going to make sure that you both eat to your heart's contents while you are here." Kara says, "If you are ever hungry, or want anything, absolutely anything, you just let me know and I will get it for you."

Keiran looks at Kara again, confusion on her face. Keiran really can't understand why Kara is being so seemingly kind and supportive of her, she can't figure the CEO out, and it is both worrying and infuriating.

"Why are you being like this? Is this some kind of trick or something?" Keiran asks.

Kara goes wide-eyed, not expecting that from Keiran.

"No... no... of course it isn't.... You.... you are just.... not in a good place.... And.... I don't know.... I just.... I feel some sort of connection between the three of us..... I already have a feeling of a connection with Krypto.... just because of how he interacted with me last night.... almost as if he knows what I am saying, and sometimes what I am thinking..... But as for you.... I don't know.... it just... I feel like there is something special about you....." Kara rambles, "Don't get me wrong..... I have come across other homeless people.... and I certainly haven't invited them into my office... or into my home.... like I have with you.... I just.... I don't know.... it is hard to explain.... I just feel like there is something here...."