Chapter 38 - Meeting Rhea

It is still a few years ago, and Lena is currently nervously awaiting for Cookie to arrive at her place, for her neighbour to then take her to meet this Rhea person. Ever since Lena left Cookie's place, after having lunch, the brunette has been going back and forth as to whether she is actually going to go through with this or not. On the one hand, Lena knows that this is a really good opportunity for her to earn a lot of money, in a short period of time, and be able to save up enough for her and Krypto to eventually go away and live in some remote place for a long time. Plus, Lena knows that if she takes this job, she no longer will have to deal with the stress of trying to find a job that pays in cash, weekly. However, on the other hand of things, Lena really really doesn't want to be a sex worker, and have to have sex with a bunch of creepy old handsy men, who smell disgusting. The whole idea of it is very off putting for Lena. Originally, when Lena first reached sexual maturity, her intention was to only ever have sex with people that she cared about, or was in love with. However, after her friend Andrea rejected her, that kind of broke Lena, and she ended up having sex with several guys and girls, most of which she would later regret. The fact is, currently Jack Spheer is the only person that Lena has ever had sex with who she legitimately had feelings for. It makes Lena wonder where Jack is now, and if he has actually started up his own successful company, or is married or something.

As all these thoughts flood through Lena's mind, she feels so much anxiety build up in her stomach, really not knowing what she should do. There's one minute when Lena has 100% decided that she isn't going to go through with it, and is about to leave her apartment to tell Cookie it's off, but then a minute later, as he gets to the front door, she realises she needs to do it. But ultimately, after a long while of going back and forth on if she is going to do this, Lena's decision is made easy when she looks into Krypto's eyes. As Lena looks into her beloved dog's eyes, all she sees is all the love he clearly has for her, and it reminds Lena who she is doing this all for. Lena is doing everything to give Krypto a better life, and to keep him safe, even if that means she has to make some significant sacrifices, or do things she wouldn't do otherwise. So, Lena makes up her mind that she will do this, for Krypto.

Time ticks by, and at 8:02 PM Cookie knocks on Lena's apartment door, which the brunette opens a few seconds later. As Lena opens it, she sees that Cookie is wearing a sparkly silver dress that is very short, and exposes a lot of her breasts. It makes Lena realise that she will probably be expected to wear similar outfits, as exposing as much of her body as possible is kind of the whole point. It makes Lena feel a bit uneasy, but it doesn't make her question her resolve to go through with this.

"Are you ready?" Cookie asks Lena, with a smile, red lipstick on her lips.

"Uhh... yeah.... I think so.... I feel a bit underdressed compared to you though." Lena admits, looking down at herself.

Presently all Lena is wearing is a pair of comfortable jeans, a long-sleeved t-shirt, and a hoodie. Lena is wearing these clothes because Cookie did tell her to just dress casually.

"Oh, don't worry." Cookie says, waving her hand in a brushing off motion, "I'm only dressed like this because after I drop you off at Rhea's club, I have a few clients to go see this evening. Plus, it's not like you will be wearing these clothes for long."

Lena's eyes go wide after Cookie says that, but Cookie turns around, so she doesn't see it. Lena does this because it is finally settling in what this audition will be, as by the sounds of it, she will likely have to get naked in front of this Rhea person. Lena kind of wants to smack herself across the head for not realising this would be a thing sooner.

"You coming?" Cookie asks, as she turns around to look at Lena, over her shoulder, as she walks down the hallway of the apartment building.

"Uhhh.... yeah..." Lena nods, nervously, before then turning around and saying a quick goodbye to Krypto, and then leaving her apartment.