Chapter 27 - Superman

As soon as Lex leaves her office, Kara quickly accesses the security feeds of El-Corp, wanting to watch as Lex leaves the building. Kara certainly doesn't want Lex just walking around, for many reasons. Kara watches as Lex exits the elevator, and then walks out of the building, making sure to be charming and shake the hand of one of the guards as he leaves. A few moments later, once Kara is certain the Lex has actually left the premises, she pulls out her phone and dials Alex.

"Hello?" Alex answers.

"Alex." Kara says, "I need you to come to El-Corp and do a review of security."

"Okay... did something happen?" Alex asks.

"Yes." Kara says, annoyed, "I just came back from lunch and found Lex Luthor in my office. It turns out someone from security let him up, after he told them he had a meeting with me."

"They shouldn't have done that." Alex replies, now annoyed too, as the security went strictly against her own protocols that she put in place by them doing that. "What did Lex want?"

"He pretended that he wanted to meet with me to discuss a joint project. But he was really here to ask about Lena." Kara replies.

"What did you say?" Alex asks.

"I didn't say anything." Kara replies, "He mentioned how he had been told that I was spotted helping a homeless person during my winter ball event, and he asked me about her. I just stuck to the truth, saying that I gave her food, a new change of clothes, and then she left while I was getting dressed."

"Okay... that's good." Alex replies, "Have you spoken to Lena?"

"No. I told Jess to take Krypto to Sam's office, and gave her a message for Sam to then go and get Lena." Kara explains.

"That was a good idea." Alex says.

"Alex.... this means Lex knows that Lena is here." Kara says, worried.

"Yes... it does....." Alex replies, "Maybe from one of the police who arrested her outside of Jump City?"

Kara sighs in frustration.

"I guess the how he knows doesn't matter right now." Kara says, "He knows she is here. Or at least thinks she is. We need to figure out something."

"Yes. You are right." Alex replies, "I'll come over to El-Corp right now and do a security sweep, and make sure to fire whoever let Lex up into your office."

"Okay. Thank you Alex." Kara replies, "I'm going to be in Sam's office talking with her and Lena."

"Sure." Alex says back, "I'll find you guys in there when I'm done."

"See you then." Kara says.

"Bye." Alex says.

Kara ends the phone call, dropping her phone down onto her desk, and then lets out a frustrated sigh.

A few minutes later, Kara gets up from her desk and walks out of her office.

"Jess, please cancel everything else on my schedule for today." Kara says, to her assistant.

"Of course." Jess nods, "Is everything okay?"

"No, not really." Kara replies, as she walks into the elevator.

Once Kara is inside the elevator she presses the button for the finance department, the floor where Sam's office is. About a minute later, the elevator doors open up again, and Kara walks out, heading for Sam's office. Kara then opens Sam's office door, offering a small nod to Sam's assistant, before then going into Sam's actual office, and making sure to close the door behind her.