Chapter 29 - Lillian Luthor

Over the weekend things were very frustrating for Kara, as she had hoped that maybe she could be a bit more involved with Lena, Sam and Alex, in helping them do more research into Lex and Lillian. However, Alex made it clear that Kara should not come over to Sam's, as she could lead the people following Kara right to Lena. So, this ultimately meant that Kara had to help Alex, Lena and Sam online, which wasn't ideal. It was just so difficult to actually have a conversation, as Kara kept getting interrupted, or not being able to get a word in at times. Then at the same time, Kara really just wanted to have a private conversation with Lena, but it's not like she could ask Sam and Alex to go somewhere else so she could talk to Lena, and Kara would have been too embarrassed to ask Lena to talk to her in private. So basically, this all led to Kara spending a very frustrating Saturday helping Sam, Alex and Lena, with not much to show for it. Then because of this, Kara simply decided that on the Sunday she would do her research into Lex and Lillian on her own, without talking to Sam, Alex and Lena. Kara just couldn't deal with the whole ordeal of doing everything online again. It is needless to say because of all this, Kara is very, very, frustrated. Kara desperately wants to see and talk to Lena again, as she feels so alone without her, and even more so now that she can't even interact with Sam at her home, in fear of leading Lex and Lillian's people to Lena. The situation just seriously sucks for Kara.

It is now Monday, and Kara is heading into her office, getting another early start, wanting to bury herself in her work once more, to try and forget about all the emotions she is feeling.

"Morning, Kara." Jess smiles, from sitting at her desk.

"Hey, Jess." Kara nods back, with a small smile.

"You should know that Lillian Luthor has put in an urgent request to have a meeting with you." Jess says.

Kara freezes upon hearing that. Kara thought that maybe after Lex saw her, the Luthor's wouldn't dare to approach her directly again, because it lacks subtly. But Kara thinks that perhaps Lex and Lillian are frustrated by their subtle approach, and are going to be taking a more direct one from now on.

"Hmmm.... When does she want to meet?" Kara asks.

"She requested as soon as possible. Apparently, she is in National City all week." Jess replies.

"Schedule her in for a meeting on Wednesday, and tell her that is the earliest time that I have a free moment in my schedule." Kara says.

"Of course." Jess nods, "How does 10AM sound?"

"Make it for 12, so if I want to end the meeting early, I can tell her I have lunch plans." Kara says.

Jess gives Kara a little smile upon hearing that, knowing that her boss knows how to put on a bit of a facade, and manipulate other business people in certain ways.

"Of course. I'll arrange for the meeting on Wednesday at 12." Jess replies, "In your office I presume?"

"Yeah." Kara nods.

"Okay then." Jess smiles.

Kara then makes a move to walk towards her office door.

"Uhhh... Kara?" Jess asks, hesitantly.

"Yes?" Kara replies, turning around.

"Is there something I should know?" Jess asks, "I.... I've been your assistant for a while now.... and I hope you trust me..... I am not stupid..... I know that something is going on with the Luthor's..... and that new employee Katie has something to do with it..... and is wearing an image inducer...."

Kara now approaches Jess' desk, her heartrate skyrocketing at Jess mentioning Lena's disguise.

"I do trust you Jess; I really do." Kara says, in a soft voice, "But I think it is for the best that you know as little as possible right now, for your own safety."