Chapter 26 - Lena's First Day

It is now Sunday in National City, and Kara and Lena both wake up in their own beds. As Kara wakes up she doesn't feel right, she feels sad, alone. Kara isn't stupid, she knows the reason for it, as it's honestly not a new feeling for her. Over the years, especially after becoming rich, Kara has had a string of one-night stands, waking up in a bed with a stranger. However, even when Kara has woken up in bed with someone else, or perhaps multiple people, that still hasn't shaken the feeling of her feeling alone. It is just a feeling that Kara has always struggled with, even since before Krypton exploded. On Krypton Kara would spend time with her friends and family there, and she would feel less alone, but that feeling would always be there, the feeling of being alone, right in the background. Then once Kara landed on Earth, that feeling felt worse than ever, because of everything she had lost. Thankfully, over time the feeling got less and less, and became manageable, just like before, when she was on Krypton. Kara took solace in spending time with her adoptive mother, Eliza, and more prominently her sister Alex, as they helped quiet that feeling. After that, throughout the years, Kara would continue to quiet that alone feeling by making more friends, and being happy, and spending time with a bunch of people, and honestly really enjoying life. However, despite it all, the feel was still there, it was just made quiet by all her other feelings from spending time with people she liked. But right now, as Kara lays in bed alone, she feels that feeling all the more, and she knows why. Kara knows because as she has got a chance to spend more time with Lena, that feeling has slowly got less and less, until it disappeared completely, for the first time ever. At first Kara thought that it was because Lena was a new friend, and as usual, the feeling was fading into the background, but eventually Kara realised the feeling had gone completely. However, as soon as Lena told Kara that they can't be together, at least for now, that feeling came back again. It is better than it was before, while she is with Lena, but Kara thinks that it is also worse now, because she was so close to not feeling that way anymore, and now it's been taken away. Of course, Kara is not going to force Lena into anything, as it is her choice, she just hopes that maybe something will happen in the future. But if it doesn't, then Kara will simply be happy having Lena in her life, one way or the other, as when she is around her, the alone feeling still does feel better than before.

Kara gets up from her bed, and makes her way downstairs to begin her day. As Kara enters her kitchen area, she is surprised to see that Lena is already awake, with Krypto by her side, eating his own breakfast.

"Hey." Kara smiles, "I didn't expect you to be up already."

Lena smiles back at Kara, while she continues to cut up some fruit for her own breakfast.

"Yeah, well, I fell asleep last night, didn't I?" Lena replies.

"Yes." Kara nods back, still smiling, that alone feeling now dying now and becoming a lot more bearable.

"Thank you for carrying me to bed by the way." Lena says, "You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to." Kara smiles, "I didn't want you to wake up with a stiff neck, or a hurt back or anything."

Lena just smiles again at Kara, not sure what else to say to her. Kara then steps further into the kitchen and begins to make herself a coffee.

"Would you like a coffee, or have you already made yourself something?" Kara asks.

"Oh uhh..... yes please." Lena replies, "I only just got down, and got Krypto his breakfast, and then began making my own."

"Ah, okay." Kara nods, "Black coffee, right?"

"Yes, please. Thank you." Lena nods, still with a smile.

"You're welcome." Kara smiles back, as she continues to make the coffees with her coffee maker.