Chapter 14 - Dear Kara,

Kara is roused from her unconsciousness, still laying on the ground in the room Lena stayed in, by Krypto licking her face and whining. Kara opens her eyes and lets out a groan, her head is absolutely killing her.

"Keiran?" Kara says, confused.

Kara's head continues to hurt for a minute, and because of that her thoughts are a bit cloudy. Eventually, after a few moments, Kara gathers enough of her wits to look down at her bracelet that she was using to hide her powers, just so Keiran didn't find out she is Supergirl, by Kara instinctively using her powers in front of her. Kara then grabs the bracelets and throws it off her wrist, hoping that that will help her recover faster.

Kara once more continues to lay on the ground, soaking in the light of the room, allowing it to recharge her cells. Right now there is no sunlight pouring into the room, it is dark outside, as the sun has already set for the day. So, all Kara can get right now, is the limited yellow lights coming from the overhead lights in the bedroom. After a few minutes, Kara begins to start to feel physically better, with the pain in her head subsiding, and the aches in her body, due to hitting the wall, reducing dramatically. Kara knows that she will probably have to head into her lab in a minute, just so she can sit under some proper yellow sun lamps and recharge her cells, but right now she needs to try and figure out what happened. As Kara's head clears, she sits up, no longer laying on the floor, and sees that Krypto is now sitting next to her, with a sad look on his face.

"It's okay boy." Kara says, reaching out to stroke the dog.

Krypto just lets out a sad moan as Kara strokes him. Kara knows that means that something is obviously wrong.

Once Kara finishes stroking Krypto, she looks around the room, just trying to get her memories back in place as to what happened, that is when she sees the prototype El-Corp stun gun on the ground. Suddenly, all the memories of what happened just over half an hour ago, come flooding back to Kara. Kara remembers Keiran calling her into the room, and then pointing the stun gun at her. Kara remembers being shocked, and somewhat heartbroken seeing Keiran, the homeless woman she took in and trusted, point the gun at her, and betray her like that. Kara also remembers considering ripping off her bracelet, so the stun gun would be ineffective, and telling Keiran to wait, just to buy herself some time. But Kara then remembers a blast coming towards her, before she could even finish talking to Keiran, and then being flung back against the wall, and everything going black.

As Kara continues to remember, her heart truly begins to break. Kara really thought that maybe she was starting to form a special bond with Keiran. That maybe she could help Keiran get through whatever trouble she and Krypto were in, and then after that, they could form some sort of friendship. But Kara now knows that will never happen, Keiran betrayed her, and has now hurt her physically and emotionally. In fact, Kara wishes that she didn't get her memories of Keiran shooting her back, as all she can do now is replay the moment in her head, and it is truly devastating. Keiran is literally one of the first people, in a long time, that Kara felt like she had a true connection with. It is hard for Kara, now that she is a rich and famous CEO, to make new friends, and meet people that are not interested in her for her money, or some sort of other financial/career gain. Kara can't count the multiple occasions early on in her El-Corp success where she was out at a bar or something, and she started talking to other people, thinking that maybe she could make a new friend, only to later find out that they knew exactly who she was, and were angling for something. Kara just thought, as Keiran was homeless, and didn't know too much of who she was, she didn't want to use Kara like that. But Kara now knows she was sorely mistaken.

Tears begins to roll down Kara's face as her heart continues to hurt from Keiran's betrayal. Krypto for his part notices, and moves over to Kara, rubbing his body against hers to try and comfort her. Admittedly, it really helps.