Chapter 40 - Rhea's Deal

"Hello, this is Lillian Luthor speaking." Lillian says over the phone, "I have been told you have some information about my daughter."

Over the last week, ever since Lillian did her interview with CatCo, it has caused her to receive various types of annoying phone calls. The first has been reporters, and official people trying to ask her questions about Lena running away, and Jack Spheer's death. Lillian of course has been trying her best to have her people funnel through all the calls, but some still make it through to her personal phone. Then the second type of call Lillian has been getting, is from people claiming to have information on Lena's whereabouts. None of those people have ended up actually having any useful or truthful information, as they have all just been people hoping to try and make some money.

Right now, as Lillian answers this phone call, from a woman named Rhea, she is pretty annoyed. Lillian's team have assured her that Rhea does sound like she has legitimate information, but Lillian isn't holding her breath. All Lillian knows is that if this Rhea woman is another liar, then her screening team better beware.

"Hello, Miss Luthor. I have some information about your daughter that you will find very interesting." Rhea says, with a smirk on her face, even though Lillian can't see her.

Lillian sighs.

"I doubt that. But go on." Lillian says, dryly.

"Well..... I have your daughter right here. She was just brought to me by one of my girls. Previously, a few years ago, your daughter worked for me, before I had to fire her, after she punched one of my girls in the face." Rhea says.

Lillian huffs.

"Do you seriously expect me to believe you on your word alone? And what kind of business do you run anyway?" Lillian asks, now getting annoyed.

"That's what makes things even more tasty. I run an escort business. Your daughter previously worked as one of those escorts. Now what would that do to the Luthor family if that got out to the press?" Rhea says, with a smirk.

More anger flairs through Lillian's body, not liking being threatened or potentially blackmailed.

"You phone me, and have the gall to attempt to blackmail me with no proof?! If you really know who I am, you'd know that is a BIG mistake." Lillian says, angrily.

Rhea chuckles.

"That is why I do have proof. Here." Rhea says.

Lillian then sees an alert on her phone, and notices that a picture has been sent to her. Lillian looks at the picture and then she sees, clear as day, a CCTV picture of Lena, along with another woman standing next to her.

"When was this taken?!" Lillian asks, urgently.

"About 30 minutes ago." Rhea replies, "She is currently still in my club, along with her new fiancé."

"Fiancé?" Lillian asks confused.

Rhea chuckles again.

"I wouldn't read too much into that. One of my girls, Cookie, she is not all there, shall we say. I suspect she has just said Lena is her fiancé, because she was always quite taken with her." Rhea explains.

Lillian is silent for a few seconds, while she thinks.

"What do you want?" Lillian eventually asks.

"There it is." Rhea smirks, "See, I know who you are. I know what you and your son did to Jack Spheer, I'm not stupid. I have no intention of becoming another one of your victims. So, I'm going to keep some photos, and details of Lena previously working for me as an escort as insurance. If you have me killed, then it will become public knowledge. Far more trouble than my death would be worth."