Chapter 4 - Saving Keiran

Kara lands back in her penthouse, quickly placing Krypto on the ground, and then she goes rushing into her lab, with Krypto closely following behind her. As soon as Kara enters the lab, she sees that Keiran is still unconscious, still laying on the medical bed. Kara then quickly gets to work, taking off her coat and tying up her hair, not wanting anything to get in the way.

After a few more moments, Kara moves closer to Keiran and carefully moves her body off the table so she can remove the coat she has on. Kara can tell from just feeling the coat, that the coat is very worn, and clearly isn't good enough to protect Keiran from the cold nights living on the streets. Kara thinks that Keiran must have either had this coat for a long time, or been given it at a homeless shelter or something. Once Kara has Keiran's coat off, she gently places the woman back on the bed. Kara knows that she needs to warm Keiran up, but first she needs to see to her wound, while also attaching some devices, just to check Keiran vitals. Kara looks at Keiran's shirt that she has on, and she can tell that because of the blood soaked into it, the shirt must be sticking to Keiran's body, so it will be far more trouble than it's worth to just take it off. As a result of this, Kara uses scissors to cut open the shirt. Kara of course does feel bad about having to destroy this shirt, as she is aware that as Keiran is homeless, she surely most not have many shirts, but it does help that Kara is aware the shirt is probably already ruined, due to the blood, and once this is all over she can give Keiran all the clothes she needs.

Once Keiran's shirt is off, Kara once more uses her x-ray vision to just make sure that the blade that stabbed Keiran didn't damage any organs, and cause any internal bleeding, while also checking to make sure there is nothing inside the wound. Thankfully, after a few moments, Kara is happy that there is no internal injuries beyond the stab wound itself, and that there is nothing inside of it, no shards of metal from a blade or anything. Kara then gets some gauze and antiseptic solution and begins to clean Keiran's wound, wanting to make sure that she does a thorough job before stitching the wound together. As Kara goes about doing this, she thinks that while she does have a lot of medical experience her sister has a lot more, and it would be very helpful if Alex was here, both to assist Kara, and just for Keiran's safety in general. Kara doesn't want to accidentally miss anything, which ultimately may cause something bad to happen to the homeless woman. As Kara is not taking Keiran to a hospital, she just needs to make sure that she gives her the best care possible, and that nothing goes wrong.

"Hope, call Alex." Kara calls out to the virtual assistant in her lab.

"Calling, Alex Danvers." Hope replies.

Kara then waits a few seconds, hearing the ring tone of the phone calling her sister, all while she continues to clean Keiran's wound.

"Hmmm... yeahhh?? Kara?" Alex answers, sounding like Kara has woken her up.

"Alex! I need your help!" Kara says.

"Wh... what?!" Alex says, clearly being quickly shaken out of her tired state by her sister's tone. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just need you to come to my penthouse, like right now." Kara says.

"What? Why?" Alex asks, confused.

Kara thinks about giving her sister the full story, but decides she just wants to give Alex the quick version so she gets here as soon as possible.

"I was walking home from El-Corp, and I found the homeless woman from before, freezing cold, and she had been stabbed! I'm in my lab at home, cleaning her wound right now." Kara informs her sister.

"Kara, why didn't you take her to a hospital?" Alex asks, sounding annoyed.

"Alex, I'll tell you later. Just please.... can you come over and help me?" Kara asks, sounding desperate.