Chapter 19 - The Reunion

After several minutes of Kara reassuring Lena, as their plane lands on the runway at a private airport just north of National City, the two finally are able to go below deck once more, and get back into Kara's Ferrari. Kara is then carefully escorted off the plane, and then guided off the runway out of the airport. The two women then hit the open road, and Kara is finally able to drive her beloved car care free. Kara doesn't have to worry about any issues with Lena right now, as she knows she is safe, and away from Lex and Lillian's grasp. Kara feels like she can finally somewhat relax, and just enjoy the ride.

"You want to listen to some music?" Kara suggests, looking over to Lena, with a smile on her face.

"Uhhh.... sure...." Lena nods.

"Great." Kara smiles, "So what do you want to listen to? Have anything in mind?"

"No, not really. I haven't exactly been able to keep up with the latest music trends over the last few years. And it's not like I kept up to the most recent music before then, when I was at university, either." Lena replies.

"Well, I guess I'll have to educate you in all the good recent music then. Unfortunately, NSYNC haven't got back together though." Kara says with a sad smile.

"Wait.... you like NSYNC too?" Lena replies, surprised that Kara literally brought up the only boy band she likes.

"YEAH!! I LOVED THEM as a teen! I even had JT's poster on my bedroom wall, much to my sister's annoyance." Kara says.

"Oh, I would have loved to have their poster, but Lillian didn't allow anything like that at the Luthor manor, and I was kind of afraid to put anything like that up in my room at any of my boarding schools, because I didn't want to be judged or anything." Lena explains, sadly.

Kara shoots Lena a sympathetic look.

"Well, when we get back you can decorate your room at my place however you like! You can have as many NSYNC posters as you like!" Kara says with a big smile.

Lena chuckles.

"I think I'm far too old to have NSYNC posters on my bedroom wall. But thank you for saying that." Lena smiles back.

"Of course." Kara says, nodding her head.

Kara then flicks on the radio, and just changes it to a station that she knows regularly plays the most recent hits.

"Here we go. This station plays the most popular music." Kara says, with a smile.

"Then I guess I'll have to see if I like any of it then." Lena replies.

"I'm sure you'll like something." Kara smiles back.

Kara and Lena then continue driving, all the way into National City. As the duo drive, they both listen to the music happily, making conversation about a few of the songs here and there. On a few occasions Kara totally got lost in her own world and began to sing along to some of the songs. When Kara did this, Lena just looked on at Kara in awe, realising the CEO has an absolutely incredible singing voice. Lena was starting to think that Kara truly is the whole package, she's kind, she can be funny, she's sweet, caring, intelligent, absolutely beautiful AND she can sing. Lena thinks that is truly is unfair that Kara is so incredible, as how is someone supposed to compare to that?

Eventually, after about 40 minutes of driving, Kara and Lena pull into Kara's penthouse's car parking space. As the two do this, Lena grows some nerves in her stomach, remembering what happened the last time she was here, and what she did to Kara. Kara for her part notices this, with her super hearing.

"Hey, don't be nervous." Kara says, with a caring smile. "It's okay. We are okay. And you get to see Krypto now."

Lena looks at Kara and smiles back at her, her heart jumping a bit at the mention of Krypto. Lena has only been apart from Krypto for 48 hours, but she already misses him so terribly. Although Lena knows that really isn't that surprising, seeing as they have barely left each other's sides for the last 3 years.