Chapter 46 - Final Confrontation

"Winn, how long are you going to need to sort through all the files?" Kara asks, while she, Alex, Sam and Lena all stand in the DEO next to each other.

"Uhhh.... Probably about half an hour at least." Winn replies, "I can't read and type at super speed, unlike you."

"Yeah. Okay." Kara nods, "Do you all mind if I have a moment alone with Lena?"

"Sure. Of course." Sam says.

"Yeah. Go ahead." Alex nods.

"We'll come get you if you aren't back by the time Winn has gone through all the information." J'onn says, with a nod of his head.

Kara then turns to look at Lena, with a smile on her face, and then holds out her hand for the brunette to take. Lena nods her head at Kara, before taking the alien's hand.

"Let's go somewhere private." Kara suggests.

Lena nods her head again, being a bit too emotional right now to actually speak, and then allows Kara to lead her through the DEO, until they eventually arrive at a private room. Once the couple are inside, Kara closes the door behind them, not wanting other DEO agents to hear them, or for them to be interrupted without warning.

"Are you okay?" Kara asks, approaching Lena again, with concern in her eyes, "I know...... things must have been a lot.... with my plan..... and some information, that J'onn told me that you know now."

"I uhhh...... I'm not sure really...... I've..... signed myself up for therapy with.... Kelly... at El-Corp.... We've had one session so far.... and it helped.... a bit." Lena admits, in a bit of a timid voice.

Kara nods her head, with an understanding look on her face. Kara knows that with all Lena has been through, most people would have simply collapsed and given into despair, but not Lena. Lena has kept on going, most of which has been because of her love of Krypto.

"That's good." Kara nods, "Kelly is a wonderful therapist, and I'm sure she has already told you that I have gone to see her on a few occasions as well."

"Yeah..... she said you do it in secret though." Lena replies.

"Yes, I do." Kara nods, "It's not because I'm ashamed of it or anything. It's because I know that with the world I live in, being a CEO of a company, if other business people were to find out I'm in therapy, they would use that against me, on top of the fact that I'm already a woman."

"Yeah..... I understand." Lena nods back.

Kara looks at Lena, after she says that, and she sees that the brunette still has a look of worry and sadness on her face.

"Are you angry with me?" Kara asks.

"What?! No!" Lena says, looking back up into Kara's eyes, "Why would you think that?"

"Because.... I know that I didn't tell you about my plan to fake my death and become you and everything..... I know that was very unfair to you. But I had to do it that way because I knew you'd try and talk me out of it, and I was scared you'd take it as a sign to run away." Kara explains.

"I uhhh...... It did upset me..... and hurt..... when Alex told us what you were doing... I was so worried and everything.... because I know how dangerous Lex and Lillian are now.... and I didn't like that you didn't even give me a choice before you decided to go ahead with your plan first." Lena says, "But..... I'm just glad you are home now."

Kara nods her head, and then takes Lena in for a hug.

"I'm sorry. I want to say I didn't mean to make you worry.... but I knew you would.... So.... I'm just sorry." Kara says, hugging Lena tightly.