ღ Finding Cinderella (9)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 9 ღ

-Tristan-

I finally found the girl I was searching for. And as she spun around to face me, I just stood there like a statue with my hands trembling halfway from her shoulder.

Wow, she's even more beautiful up close, I thought, swallowing down my anxiety.

Weird. I had never been like this before. Flirting and attracting girls were just so easy for me, but now I could barely give her a smile.

Should I even smile? No! Don't smile! There might be something stuck in between your teeth.

I snapped my mouth shut.

Okay, T, stay cool and don't say anything that will make you look stupid.

Sucking in my breath, I began, "Hey, uh, I noticed that we're holding the same strings—the Heart." I lifted up my right wrist. "That means I'm your dance partner for this event. And in case you haven't noticed, the dance is that way."

Her mouth fell open, but she shut it quickly and looked away. I rubbed at the back of my neck, unable to resist the uneasiness between us.

I peeled my eyes away from her to scan the area and noticed that most of the participants had already found their partners and were settled with them in the middle. Some gentle acoustic love song had begun playing. The five-minute search was almost over, and my progress with this masked girl was barely inching forward.

She just stood there, hands hugging her waist, expression indescribable. I didn't expect this girl could be hard to get, but good thing I'd never been the type of guy who would give up so easily.

Bending slightly, I lifted my right hand to her and offered my best smile. After all, I was the unbeatable "prince" of this campus. I should keep up and play along with the title.

"So, my princess," I said in my politest manner, "may I have this dance?"

At last, she looked back at me, meeting my gaze which once again astounded me. Wow. Even though the mask and the harsh lighting around us covered her face, still she was growing more and more gorgeous every second. Her long dark lashes fluttered a couple of times like she was surprised by my approach. I always knew girls loved gentlemen so I was going to show her one.

"Please?" I asked. I remained in my bent over position, patiently waiting. I watched as her facial expression changed to one of consideration.

At last, she lifted her right hand and pressed it on mine. There was a sudden jolt of electricity at the first contact, and I beamed in triumph. I'm lucky to get this beautiful girl tonight, I thought as I led her in front.

She finally fell for my charm.