ღ Finding Cinderella (34)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 34 ღ

-Kylie-

"There they are!"

Tristan and I were peeping through a bush as we stalked our prey. Lucky for us, the mall was crowded since there was a sale going on, so I was confident we wouldn't be spotted easily.

Those two lovebirds had surely been enjoying their day. Lacey was practically skipping as she dragged Clark to several food stalls. As they rounded another corner, I quickly twisted my head to Tristan, who was looking exhausted, and grabbed his sleeve.

"Hurry before we lose them!"

We dashed into yet another hidden corner and poked our heads out just enough to see Clark getting a hot dog from a stall and Lacey smiling sweetly at him.

"Can't believe my baby sister is finally growing up," I said reminiscently. It hadn't been that long ago since Mom and I had had a terrible time getting her out of grass-stained play clothes and sneakers.

"Yeah," murmured Tristan. "Why don't you try it yourself?"

I elbowed him in the stomach.

Clark and Lacey could be seen making their exit from the food court. I decided to step out from the hiding place. At the same time, Lacey turned, her eyes pointed in my direction. I automatically sprang back and the back of my head hit something hard.

"Aw," both Tristan and I exclaimed.

Brushing my swollen cranium, I turned to him. "Could you move aside and stop blocking my way?"

"I wasn't blocking your way. Maybe if you could stop moving like a horse on caffeine, we'd have fewer injuries." His face scrunched up in pain as he pressed the bridge of his nose. "I think it's broken."

"What? Come on, the impact wasn't that strong."

He leaned in. "You fractured it. Look."

I pursed my lips, flaring my nostrils. He was doing it again, wearing that boyish, dimpled smile that made my heart go nuts. He leaned even closer to tease me, and I put my hand on his face to push him away.

"Oh, stop being a drama king." Ignoring my erratic heartbeats, I looked around and was bummed out that our target was nowhere to be found. "Darn it, we lost them."

"Or maybe they caught us and decided to hide from us," said Tristan.

"Then it makes this game more fun. Let's go."

I dashed in the direction they'd last been sighted while Tristan traipsed behind me like a sulking child. Along the way, I noticed that a lot of girls were looking at him twice. Leave it to Tristan for attracting dozens of people even by just doing nothing. I gritted my teeth.

It didn't take us long to find Lacey and Clark sitting by the fountain, talking and laughing with each other.

"Seriously, did you think you could hold her back forever?" Tristan said. "A bird's gotta leave the nest at some point, right?"