ღ Finding Cinderella (42)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 42 ღ

Finding Cinderella- 42

-Tristan-

It had been two years since I'd gotten into a fight. Some kids had been bullying Ryo, and I had stepped in, punched the ringleader in the mouth, got punched back, and continued to brawl until the teachers had pulled us apart.

It was one of my proudest moments because it was my first real fistfight, and I had won (that's what I believed, at least). But the aftermath was nasty. I was supposed to join a math tournament that week, but I was suspended. My parents understood my reason for fighting, but still, they punished me by taking all my gadgets away, forbidding me to hang out with my friends, and making me do all the household chores. Since then, I hadn't been in a fight.

Until now.

I was sitting in the principal's office, facing the disappointed look of Mr. Henderson once again. On the other chair beside me was none other than Erik son-of-a-bitch Taylor. A purple bruise was starting to show on his cheek, and I was pretty sure my nose looked crooked.

We received a long lecture from Mr. Henderson, but neither of us was willing to listen or even to speak up. And because of that, the old man just let out an irritated sigh and called us a bunch of knuckleheads.

Both of us faced two consequences: either a week suspension or a week of community service. My parents would kill me if I'd undergo suspension on the final weeks of my senior year, so I decided to choose the latter even if it would mean spending my after-school hours repairing the damages in the greenhouse.

I didn't know about Erik since he silently stalked out as soon as the lecture ended. Fucking prick.

As expected, the news about the fight had immediately circulated the campus. Now, as I walked in the hallway, everyone was staring at me as if I'd just beheaded someone.

My friends were gathered at the lockers as if there was a solemn discussion going on, and the moment I walked past them, they followed me right away, firing a lot of comments.

"How are you feeling, man?" Ryo asked.

"Shit, dude. Your face is fucked," said Justin.

"He's no virgin to fighting, but this is the first time I saw him go crazy," Grey remarked with a lilting amusement. He sounded like those dads who were proud to hear his kid getting into fistfights and winning.

"It's my fault. I'm so sorry. I never should've brought up that question," Monique said; her face was full of genuine concern. Will encircled his arms around her for comfort.

"No, if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have known the truth," I said. I swung my locker open, grabbed my backpack, and slammed the door shut.

As I turned around, I saw Clark and Lacey running toward me.