ღ Finding Cinderella (10)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 10 ღ

-Tristan-

"A round of applause for the participants of the Fate Dance!" the host announced over the microphone and a ripple of clapping washed across the gym. "As this night's program comes to a close, we would like—"

While everyone else prepared themselves for the real party to start, all I could do was stand there and watch in disbelief as the beautiful girl escaped my hold and disappeared into the crowd in a blink of an eye.

No, I can't let her get away like this!

I began to dash after her, but then a girl stepped in front of my way.

"Tristan, hey!" Ronnie said with a fervent smile. "Um, wanna dance?"

"No, sorry. I gotta go."

As I darted past her, I could hear Ronnie's groans behind me, but I ignored her. Finding that mysterious girl was my number one priority. To be honest, I couldn't understand myself. Why was I drawn to her this much?

Then, just as I was reaching the gym door, someone from the right yanked on my arm and pulled me to the side.

Stumbling, I came face to face with another girl, this one with dark hair coiffed above her head. She leaned in to wrap her hands around my neck, her ruby lips turned up into a glossy smile.

Great. Another nuisance.

"Tristan," said Fiona in a sugary tone, and I recognized it as the one that so many guys had fallen for before. Even so, I could only respond with a dark glare.

"Fiona, what is it this time?" I grumbled.

Her lips formed a snarl. "God, T. Rude much?" She pressed a finger on my chest, tilting her head to the side. "I just wanna have fun with you tonight. Is that too much to ask for?"

Before she could trap me in her arms, I managed to detach myself from her. "Listen, go have fun on your own or with your football captains. Just leave me alone. I've got business to take care of."

"Aww." She mocked pity. "Did your date ditch you? How sad. Babe, why don't you just forget about her—"

"I don't think it would ever be possible," I cut her off and jogged away.

What a pain, When would she ever stop clinging to me? Whatever Fiona's plans were, she was only embarrassing herself, and I had nothing more to say to her tonight.

As I stepped out of the building, cold wind blasted my body so intensely that I had to hug myself for warmth. Aside from the chirping of crickets and the muffled noise from indoors, there were no other noises around me. I scanned the surrounding area, my hope fading out in an instant. There was no sign of the girl anywhere.

Several students were strolling a short distance from me under the light of the full moon, probably getting some fresh air. I approached them, asking if they'd noticed a masked girl leaving the building, but they only shook their heads.