ღ Finding Cinderella (33)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 33 ღ

-Kylie-

Saturday came in a flash, and I thought my sister was going to have a nervous breakdown. When I peeked in her room, I was shocked to see the mess. Her closet was wide open and her clothes were lying everywhere. In the corner of the room stood Lacey, who was studying herself in the mirror.

"What the heck happened here?" I asked.

"I was looking for my white cardigan," she answered. Letting out an exasperated sigh, she searched through her makeup organizer. "Ugh, this is so annoying."

"What's wrong?"

She whirled around, pointing to her forehead. "This freaking pimple on my forehead is what's wrong."

Whoa. I'd ever seen her so furious like that.

I leaned against the doorframe, smiling amusedly. "That's what you get when you stress yourself out too much."

She grimaced. "This is such a major turn-off. I bet Clark will make fun of me."

"Lacey, I know that looks do matter sometimes, but if that guy truly likes you, he wouldn't care about a little imperfection. Hell, even if you look like a horrifically disfigured person," I said.

Her shoulders relaxed, and she smiled. "That's nice to hear from you, sis." She turned back to her mirror and unscrewed the cap of a small container. "I just hope I'll be able to cover this nasty thing up," she said as she sat down and began smearing some cream on her blemish.

I noticed that her hair was a mess, so I walked to her, tiptoeing over her scattered clothes, picked up a hairbrush, and started to comb her hair until it fell smoothly to her waist. Even though there was still a part of me that opposed her date with Clark, I still had to show her sisterly support in some ways. Her reflection in the mirror offered me an appreciative smile, and she went to put on makeup with an expert hand.

Before long, Lacey put down her little brush. "How does it look? Is it okay or did I put on too much?"

She looked like a Barbie doll with the peach eyeshadow and the on-point eyeliner, but she managed to make her overall appearance look natural. A sweep of rose-colored blush accented her cheeks, and her lipstick was enough to brighten her lips.

"Looks fine," I said. "He won't be able to take his eyes off you."

A shy smile appeared on her lips, and she went to her closet to pull out the blue dress that she'd spent a long time smoothing. Then she took off her robe and stepped into the dress, and I helped her by pulling it up and zipping the back. For the finishing touch, she put on her cardigan, white wedges, and some accessories.

We looked at the mirror again, satisfied with the result.

"Thanks a lot, sis," Lacey said.

"I didn't do anything major," I answered.