ღ Finding Cinderella (19)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 19 ღ

-Tristan-

I was having a bad feeling.

You know the one: a twist inside your stomach that tells you something is about to go wrong. I had no idea why I was feeling this way suddenly, but I wouldn't let it ruin my day.

The ball made a loud thumping noise on the court as it bounced harshly off my hand. Every time I attempted a slide in the opposite direction, Grey would coordinate his movements with my own. As expected from a football player, he was fast. He kept trying to steal the ball from me, and my shoes squeaked as I tried to find an open space in their defense as quickly as possible.

I quickly switched directions, rapidly whisking the ball behind my back. After that, everything happened so fast—two quick spins and a slide later, I was escaping Grey and the other opponents' defenses.

The hoop was finally in front of me again, and before anyone from the opposite team could block me again, I speedily headed onwards and performed a slam-dunk.

Score!

Several whoops followed, mostly from the female crowd sitting on the bleachers. A loud whistle came from across the court, and a plump guy with a blue tracksuit moved forward.

"Good game, boys!" Coach Condor's voice boomed. "Since Team B won, they will receive the highest mark for this test."

My teammates crowded around, giving pats on the back to each other and exchanging handshakes with the opposing team.

When gym class was over, we hit the showers and changed into fresh clothes.

"Man, how did you do that trick?" Grey asked, brushing his damp blond hair with a towel. "I swear I didn't see that coming."

"It was just muscle memory." I grinned and took a gulp of water from my bottle.

"For real, though, with your agility, you could be a shooting guard for the Wolfpack. Right, Justin?" Grey asked the guy who was tying his shoelaces on the seat beside me.

Ah, the Wolfpack, one of Broadway Heights' powerhouses. The team held a four-year winning streak, the longest out of all other high school basketball teams in the state, and for most of the kids here, being part of the team would be an honor.

"You were a starter in middle school, and you looked cool. All of the girls fell at your feet," Grey reminded me.

I smiled at the memory. "Yeah, but nah, playing B-ball isn't my thing now." I grabbed my backpack and hoisted it over my shoulder. "Besides, I got other plans. Engaging in sports falls at the bottom of my list."

The three of us walked out of the room and headed to the cafeteria to grab some bites. I still couldn't shake off the creepy feeling I had.

"Anyway, how's the Finding Cinderella operation going?" Grey asked as he slung his arm over my shoulder. "Any luck?"