ღ Finding Cinderella (45)

this is a never-seen-before chapter (as in this never appeared in 2013 draft and in the 2014 book version) so go comment to your heart's content lol

also, warning: this chapter may be short, but it contains 80% sugar

ღ Finding Cinderella- 45 ღ

"T, I'm scared."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to Imperial, and you're going to MIT."

"I am, too. It's more than three thousand miles away. Who knows what kind of fight you'll be getting yourself into there."

"Hey, I'm not a juvenile delinquent!"

"What about that time when you knocked out someone's tooth?"

"Oh my God. Did my mom tell you about it? Well, that kid deserved it, anyway. He was a pervert. Wait, wait, we're going off-topic here. Go back."

"Look, Kylie, if you're scared of the possibility of me finding someone else because we're so far away, don't be. I'd have to be really stupid to replace you with any girl."

"But you'll definitely find someone better than me at your school."

"Come on, it's an engineering school. The male-female ratio is somewhere along the lines of eight is to one. Besides, according to the census, engineering students have too much homework to look for dates. Oh yeah, this reminds me of what my dad said to me—that he almost didn't recognize my mom after he got out of his exams."

"Are you trying to scare me more than I already am? What if we'd be too busy to Skype call or even have a little chat? What if we wouldn't get the chance to come home for the holidays? The time difference is a bummer, too."

"Never thought you'd be the type to worry so much about this. You'd usually just deal with it. Whatever will be, will be."

"You're my first, and this is my first. Cut me some slack."

"It'll work out, Kylie, I promise."

"It's not wise to promise such as a thing, T. It's like we're shooting for the moon here."

"Then what do you think is the wise thing for us to do?"

"...nothing, really. I'm sorry for venting out like this."

"No, you can tell me."

"I really want to go to my dream school and get the career I want, but at the same time, I want us—every one of us—to stay here together and just have fun, you know?"

"I understand you."

"I hate this growing up thing sometimes. But we don't have much choice, do we? We can't ask each other to stay, not when we're both close to reaching our dreams. That would be selfish, wouldn't it?"