ღ Finding Cinderella (12)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 12 ღ

-Tristan-

I hadn't been able to sleep properly for the past couple of nights.

No, I wouldn't consider it insomnia. It was only because a certain someone had invaded my mind—every detail of her face, every movement she'd made, every second that passed back at the dance was still fresh on my mind.

This might sound strange, but I really felt a connection between that masked girl and me. Something that I hadn't felt with another person in a long time.

They say that if you're thinking about someone, the person in your thoughts may be thinking about you, too. Was that the truth or was I just an exception? Damn. Knowing how often I lay in bed thinking about her, and how she probably didn't think of me at all sucked big time.

Swinging my backpack over my shoulder, I jogged downstairs and saw Mom and Dad talking over breakfast at the dining table.

"Morning," I greeted them and made myself a ham and egg sandwich. "Okay, gotta go. Bye."

"Whoa. Slow down," Mom said, and I stopped in my tracks. "Why don't you sit and eat your breakfast properly? It's still early."

 "Nope. Gotta meet the Harrises outside. I'm driving us to school," I said and took a huge bite of my food.

Mom's olive eyes lit up. "That's unusual. You should do that more often now so those girls won't have trouble catching up with the bus."

I frowned. "Right. And while I'm on that, I might as well wear plate armor in case Kylie throws tantrums on me all the way to school."

"I thought you two made up?"

"Yeah. Maybe in another universe, Mom."

Dad picked up his mug and took a sip of his coffee. "Well, doesn't that remind me someone?" he said, glancing at her.

"Arthur." Mom flashed him a warning look.

I grinned. "See? Dad agrees. Anyway, gotta bounce. Bye." I leaned in to kiss her cheek, had another bite of my sandwich, and took off.

Mom and Kylie had really something in common, which might have been why Mom was so fond of her.

Luckily, as soon as I stepped out of the house, Lacey and Kylie were doing just the same. I called them, waving my hands in the air. Lacey waved back and nudged Kylie, who covered her face and muttered something to herself.

"Hey, beautiful morning, huh?" I said as I walked to my car parked in front of the house.

"Whatever. Let's go, Lacey." Kylie marched ahead of us, still keeping her head low. No extreme comebacks? That was new.

"Why don't you two hop in? Let's go to school together," I called.

Lacey whipped her head to me, a bright smile on her face. "Really? Thanks!" She skipped toward my car parked near the curb and shouted at Kylie, "Sis, what are you doing? Let's go!"