ღ Finding Cinderella (11)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 11 ღ

-Kylie-

My heart pounded to the beat of my feet racing over hard ground. Sweat beaded on my forehead and neck, making my hair cling to them. With my throat aching for more air, I pulled the wig and the mask off. They were actually owned by the drama club, but I didn't care as I threw them behind.

Pulling my dress up even higher, I kept up my sprint, anticipating the relief of finally getting away from this place. I rounded the curve in the path but came to a sudden halt when I saw what was on the other side.

My breath caught in my throat as I watched a figure come closer and closer. Before I could even take a step back, he was already in front of me, his face illuminated by the moon's light. I gasped.

Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no, no!

Why was Tristan here? I thought he was—

"You," he grumbled through clenched teeth.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I began to take tiny steps backward, but he only followed me, his pace synchronizing with mine. His gray eyes were like saucers in the moonlight, filled with rage. Dark hair was sticking to his forehead, making it clear that he'd been running all over the place... but why?

His hands gripped my arms, making me shudder. With his breathing hot against my face, he leaned closer to my ear and hissed:

"Don't run. Don't hide. Don't even try to deny this from me. Your secret is out, Kylie. This game is over."

I jolted my head upwards, a scream escaping my mouth, and then twenty pairs of eyes snapped toward my direction. Julianne, who was sitting across the table, stared at me with her mouth hanging open.

Someone cleared her throat loudly, and I turned to see Miss Hale peering sharply at me through her spectacles. She pointed at a sign on her table, which read Keep Silent, and blood immediately rushed to my cheeks.

I was in the freaking library.

"Ah... sorry," I said sheepishly, brushing my head. Then I quickly lifted up a book to cover up my face.

"Kylie."

I peeked over the book. Julianne pointed to the corner of her lips, and I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. Dammit. Now I wondered how many people had seen the drool on my face.

Blinking several times, I tried to focus on the texts. My heart continued to beat so hard in my chest. That dream had been so vivid that for a moment I'd thought Tristan's burning look would actually set me on fire. Why had I dreamed about him knowing my secret? Did... did it mean something?

No! Scratch that, it wasn't real. And I prayed to God that it would never become real, either. It had only been a dream—a nightmare, in fact. There was no way Tristan could find out about my secret, and even if he did, it would probably be way far into the future. As far into the future as the day we separated our ways, and I would be in Antarctica saving the penguins.