ღ Finding Cinderella (31)

ღ Finding Cinderella- 31 ღ

-Tristan-

"Why are girls so complicated?" I asked.

Grey looked up from his phone. "What are you yammering about?"

"It's like she doesn't know what to do. One minute, she's nice and looking like she's getting into me. And the next minute, she has this deadly look on her face while telling me she hates me. Could someone fucking explain, please? I'm confused."

"Hear you, bro. Them chicks are unexplainable sometimes," Justin said, grabbing a fistful of chips from the table and shoving them into his mouth. Then he chewed as he nodded at me. "But hey, it isn't like you to get worked up over how girls think."

"T-man's in love, dude. Cut him some slack," Ryo said with a chuckle.

"This thing has been going on for two days." I sighed, sagging in my chair. If only I could climb into Kylie's head to know what she thought about me. "I can't tell whether she likes me or she hates me."

"Just fucking ask her and get over it," Grey suggested and went back to texting somebody—probably some girl he'd picked up somewhere.

"She's avoiding me," I replied.

Ryo let out a sound as if he was punched in the gut. "Ooh. Feels bad, man. What if she already knows you're into her, but she doesn't feel the same, so she's avoiding you as a way to turn you down?"

I stared at him, astounded. For the record, Ryo had offered a rational insight into relationships. "That... that makes sense," I uttered. Yeah, I remembered making an indirect confession to her by the river. Had I come on strong? Or had I told her too early, and she hadn't liked it? What if she was merely having fun torturing me? Damn it, Kylie.

"But," Ryo piped up with his index finger pointing upward, "what if it's the opposite? What if she actually likes you, but she doesn't want to admit it, so she's avoiding you for you to chase her more? Like she's playing hard to get, y'know?"

That made sense, too. Which was it really? "Wait, where are you getting all these ideas?" I inquired.

"Probably from watching too much hentai," Justin answered, which earned his head a smack from Ryo.

"I want to think it's the latter, though," I said.

"Bro, you're probably over-analyzing it. Just do what you gotta do fast before you become a completely non-sexual entity in her eyes, like a brother or a lamp," Grey said in a monotone.

"Doing it already, man. And it's exactly why I'm getting these mixed signals," I said.

"Hey, at least lamps are attractive and they put you in a good mood." Ryo laughed, and I only stared at him for a few seconds.